1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Supply and Demand

Discussion in 'Modding' started by McGuinness, 3 Apr 2005.

1. McGuinness

McGuinness Banned

I'm trying to find some 5 or 6mm thick UV Green acrylic. And having found a few suppliers, I've asked them for a quote for an up-coming mod, ;). But that's not my question.

My question is, what's the best way to cut acrylic? Especially thick acrylic? I've a dremel, and am buying a pillar drill tomorrow. So have the holes sorted, but everytime I try to attack it with the dremel it looks very poor and shoddy no matty how much time I spend on it. (This is working with 2mm thick acrylic though).

Anyone know any specific UK suppliers of thick UV Green acrylic? I'm looking for a peice 8"x20.5" (203x520mm). (Custom watercooling is a hint)

Cheers!

2. flow

flow What's a Dremel?

for the thinner stuff (>0.5 in), i would say, score and snap.... thicker, i dunno... get friendly with a sign maker in your area and ask them nicely?

3. McGuinness

McGuinness Banned

This is the UK, sign writers only exist in the very big cities!

I've only had one reply back from a possible source, the rest haven't. Some business their running if they are turning down business!

Even ACRyan hasn't got back to me yet.. :sigh: Anyone know of a UK supplier?

4. rob_65

rob_65 What's a Dremel?

Hiya McGuinness, we will be stocking this very soon, and may be able to custom cut and flame polish the material to your dimensions - just get in touch :)

Hope this helps