1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Wireless keyboard battery life

Discussion in 'Software' started by RTT, 3 Apr 2005.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

I've done some Google research and i'm finding people are saying they get between 6 weeks and 9 months usage from the 4xAA batteries.

Just wondering what kinda life people here get from their apple bluetooth keyboards since what i found via Google varied so much :)

2. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

I had a logitech keyboard, I never put new ones in, it was a bluetooth version. It lasted up to 9months

- S

3. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

My Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard lasts about 2 months before saying its running low and then another week before things get dodgy. The mouse however lasts me about 5 days on the same batteries :hehe:

EDIT: Forgot to say that they both use 2 AA rechargable batteries.:thumb:

EDIT2: Oops that'll teach me to scan a post. Didn't notice you wanted info on the apple one. :duh: The above still applies though

4. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

depends on amount of use really..... i figure i average around 3 months with average use (web browsing, some mild office work etc), but obviously if you're using it constantly, your battery life will be shorter.... my ms natural one lasts about 2 months, and the mouse about a month, and thats what i tend to use the most

5. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

I hate wireless mice and keyboards for my main pc..Never can find batteries when they go out...

6. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

I had to put my cordless MX duo away for about 5 months when i went away on business, but the keyboard had been running for about 2 months w/moderate use, and no complaints of battery life. Currently it's at 2+ months on fresh batteries. The mouse actually got better because the batteries drained all the way and reset the memory. Used to be they woudn't last overnight if I didn't dock it, but now it goes 3-4 days on a charge.

Did I mention that I'm never going back to a corded system again? Oh, and the navigation buttons on the left are invaulable. When I surf at the office, I frequently find myself trying to go back or forward with them, but the 2 button wheeler here doesn't have them! doh!

7. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Had my logitech wireless keyboard (not bluetooth) for 2 years(!!!) and it's still running on the original batteries!!!!!11

My optical mouse gets through a pair of half-juiced AAs in about 2 weeks though.

8. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

If you're talking Apple Wireless Keyboard, as I think you are - then mine has definitely been toward the 9 month ball park. I very rarely, if ever, turn off the keyboard's power in the more than 12 months of ownership, and can only recall changing the batteries once since purchasing it. No regrets at all in buying it.

Have you got one of them, or are you just researching?

9. RTT

RTT #parp

I have one :)

Thanks all!

Tags: