1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Anyone got pics of a psone screen running on svideo, or small tft(lilliput)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by philb, 7 Apr 2005.

1. philb

philb What's a Dremel?

Any pics of the screen and text clarity?

2. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

text clarity would be like a tv (ie cant really read it at all unless text is huge) even through vga i believe correct me if im wrong

but the videos and stuff look perfect

3. philb

philb What's a Dremel?

Could you read txt in winamp etc on the playlists?

4. striker289

striker289 What's a Dremel?

lmao i wonder what that is :hehe:

5. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

If you look in the project logs section, I have a log called Project:pSOne. It has lots of pic, especialy of text. Check it out, it might help you out.

6. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

its jennifer anistons ass in along came polly lol

but ya winamp text can be read if you enlarge the winamp player to the size of the screen

7. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

I got some shots I took of mine Yesterday. This was running Halo 2 off my xbox with s-video. The text was all legible and the video looked sweet. Anyway here are the pics.

This one with the flash, washed out all the background stuff, but you can clearly see they crisp text.
    [​IMG]

Same Screen but without the flash, now you can see the background images
    [​IMG]

And now a cut-scene from the game, this one wasnt washed out by the flash but the camera wasnt paralell to the screen so the image wasnt clear.
    [​IMG]

If you need more pics, i can take them. Hope this helped

8. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya hooking up to a console is different from a pc

consoles are made for tvs, which the psone screen is made for. They have different scan lines and all that

and use a way less res

that looks nice thouhg, i didnt think of hookin up my ps2 to my screen

9. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

I know, i just thought in cases you wanted some reference... Yeah I would hook it up to my pc but i would have to restart and right now I cant. When I can, i get you some more pics.

10. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

you shouldnt have to restart, lol i just plug it in then turn the power on :D

11. philb

philb What's a Dremel?

Can some one get a pic of winamp on full screen? So i can see if the text is good? The screen il be using is 6.5" wide, so the it should be clearer than the psone a little!

But the theory is the same!

Thanx for those already

12. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Well yes and no. I have to restard for windows to find it as a second monitor. The nvidia drivers do it but I can make the screen resulution any smaller than my main monitor.

On another note:
    I also have a 6" tft lcd. I will put winamp full screen on it when i get home from school. I will be home in like 3 hours.

13. philb

philb What's a Dremel?

Cheers is this and compositie connection?

Cam i ave a pick of winamp full screen and some text like different size fonts?

CHEEKY!!

14. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

As Promised, More lcd pics. Sorry for the image quality, my camera doesnt like to photograph lcds. The text and images are super clear irl. The cross hatching look is done by the camera and is not there irl. This was a $200 screen (got it for last xmas) and is one of the best lcds I have ever seen. All pictures taken with the lcd at a resolution of 800x600 and this is a rca (composite) connection. There is a s-video to rca adaptor from the videocard to the screen.

Ok this first pic is of winamp. The player window is scaled to 200% and the playlist text is font size 20
    [​IMG]

Same as above but with Font size 30 in the play list
    [​IMG]

Both sizes of font are esaly readable but I personally like the 30 just cuz its easier to read from 3 ft away.

Also like requested, I have all the different fonts. Size 14 is hard to read irl and 10 and 12 are near impossible. Everything from 14 is crisp and clear irl
    [​IMG]

If you need anymore just let me know. I Hoped this helped you.

15. philb

philb What's a Dremel?

Is this s-video or composite connection? AS i cant get vga

The photos are gr8, what is the actual monitor?

THANKS AGAIN

16. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

The Screen is an Accele Vison TFT LCD part number LCDP56FN. The screen is made for car instalations and comes with a headrest mount, a remote and also a dash mout stand which is what I use on my desk.

Here are pictures of the screen. (I Photoshoped the first one to remove the glare on the screen)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That blue cord is 10ft long and goes to this breakout box. Here is where the power and video signals plug into. There are 2 inputs and 1 output. There are also audio connections for the headphone jack.
    [​IMG]

And this last shot is of the back of my computer showing you the adaptor.
    [​IMG]

Now to help clarify the way I connect my screen to mr computer I will attemp to make a diagram. Here it goes.

S-Video Out from my computer-- S-Video to RCA adaptor--<RCA Cable>-- Breakout box (Power is connected here too---<10ft Blue Cord>---- LCD

17. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

hehe accelevision

18. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

What is funny? Am I missing something?