1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Graphics woes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by no friends, 4 Apr 2005.

1. no friends

no friends What's a Dremel?

I have just shifted all of my components to a new case... dadadida... Part the fact its uber tidy and shiny - i turn it on, it works, but - the monitor only shows a series of vertical lines swapping colours.. so it goes something like this...

Code:
    [COLOR=red]|[/COLOR]       [COLOR=green]| [/COLOR]           [COLOR=blue]|[/COLOR] 
    [COLOR=red]|[/COLOR]       [COLOR=green]| [/COLOR]           [COLOR=blue]|[/COLOR] 

it may not be in line, but you get the ides, its just continous stripes which change places.. i haven't a clue what this is about ? :/

The monitor does work as it works with my dads pc etc. im thinking its the grfx but i don't know how :/

2. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

The code means, 'No signle', so possible a dead graphics card. My old ATi 9800 pro did that after it overheated. End of that card. :(. Also, I find this happens when the BGA connection comes loose, and not connected proberly.
    Either way, it means no signle is being transmited. :worried:

3. no friends

ok, cheers for reply

I have an mx440 (temp atm) managing 80fps in CS:S

But tis an excuse for me to get a 6800gt :)

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

640x480? My old MX420 *shudder* didn't get rates like that in 1.6...

Probably a dead card in any case, but it's possible that it wasn't seated in the slot properly.

5. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

What, it isn't seated right? Lemme check :worried: Boom, sparks fly! :D

Sorry couldn't resist.

6. no friends

lol, nah it aint anything to do with the seating...
    tried it in 3 other pcs :/ - same problem each time...

the mx440 does 800x600 everything on low at 80fps :)

Tags: