1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics eVGA GeForce 6800 GT Signal Loss...please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lasereth, 12 Apr 2005.

1. Lasereth

Lasereth What's a Dremel?

Hey guys. I've had this 6800 GT for a good while now (bought it last summer) but it's starting to give me some weird issues. I play Battlefield Vietnam quite frequently but I've been unable to play since this problem started. The problem ONLY happens while playing Battlefield Vietnam. World of Warcraft, Battlefield 1942, and any other games I play are fine.

When I play Battlefield Vietnam, my monitor loses its signal! I begin playing, and about 5-20 minutes into the match the monitor turns off. The PC does not turn off or restart. The monitor simply goes black and says "no signal." Restarting does not fix the problem. I have to turn the computer all the way off and turn it back on to fix the problem.

I'm using the newest NVIDIA video and chipset drivers. My Windows updates are up-to-date. I have the latest DirectX installed.

Here's my specs:

Abit NF7-S Revision 2.0 Motherboard
    768 MB of generic RAM (PC2700)
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ at stock speeds
    eVGA GeForce 6800 GT 256 MB
    Western Digital 120 GB 7200 RPM Caviar
    Samsung CD-ROM
    Enermax 350w PSU (extremely high quality)
    Insignia C170 CRT Monitor (less than a year old)
    Windows XP Professional

My videocard runs at 70-75 Celsius idle and 80-85 Celsius under load, but I read that the newest NVIDIA drivers are wrong about the temp so I'm not worried about that. Besides, WoW and other games do not cause the monitor to turn off...never happened but during Battlefield Vietnam.

Anyone have comments or suggestions? I'm getting very aggravated. I called the Insignia monitor customer support to see if there's anything I can do. They basically had no idea about the problem. There's no drivers for the monitor either.

What do you guys think? Thanks for the help.

2. Howitzerflagz

Howitzerflagz What's a Dremel?

hi, i have a 6600gt with the same sort of problem , but mine losses monitor signal sound keep a little bit then restarts..after a little time of play vietnam and doom 3

My temps
    video 66 c (far away from the umbral)
    cpu 44 c
    sys 35 c

i had win XP sp2
    and the 71.84 WHQL certified drivers (wich ver and sys u have ? )

ASUS A8V DELUXE
    A64 3500+ Newcastle (working nominal no OC)
    Silent tower 2 vents
    OCZ modstream 450Wts
    DDR500 Ocz Gold series ver 2.0 x 2
    western digital 120 Gb

sorry for not help. but im on investigation..
    if u find some info lets share it here...
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Haven't noticed it in doom.... You sure it isn't some kiind of funkeh power managment feature? :D

4. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Tryed using older drivers for the vcard? like a set where the problem didnt occur?

5. Howitzerflagz

Howitzerflagz What's a Dremel?

i dont think so... system works for hours..opening photoshop, dreamweaver, flash, ilustrator together i had check the power rails... no peaks always a flat line.. its only and exclusively in vietnam and doom 3 in :grr: any res..

6. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

yea, turn off all power saving features, I have seen them be a problem b4.

7. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Also make sure there aren't too many other things on the same line from the PSU as you card. I had similar problems with my GT when I first got it, solved by moving the other devices onto other cables on my PSU. I think my card now only shares its power cable with 1 other device iirc, and it has worked fine ever since.

Tags: