1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Replayable games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tim S, 3 Apr 2005.

1. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Ditto, i'm going through MGS3 for the third time in a week :D

2. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

GTA:VC
    Morrowind
    Jedi Knight 2

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Currently replaying Far Cry and HL2 now that I have a 6800GT. Also, Doom3 is suddenly appealing (I just couldnt bring myself to play through it with a 98pro)

I often don't even play games through once so a 2nd run really means something. Aside from the above, the selected few are below:

Max Payne 1+2 (replayed after a gfx upgrade)
    Pro Evolution soccer series (play over + over)
    Gran Turismo (whichever is current)
    Final Fantasy 8

4. quack

quack Minimodder

I'm part way through my 2nd complete run through of HL2 but with the HL2Substance mod installed, which makes the game slightly more interesting the 2nd time around.

I've played HL1 a few times all the way through, and played it again once HL:Source came out.

Most of the GTA games I've played many times, until the next one comes out then I toss the old one away.

I haven't played Far Cry since I completed it the first time, although I probably will dig it out again and try it with the latest patch.

I've gone through a lot of FP shooters in the past few years and have no desire to play them any more.

5. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I've played THPS 3,4 and Underground several times through, along with Tekken 3, Tag, 4. Also CoD + Expansion packs.

6. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

Every couple of years I like to sit through Broken Sword 1 + 2 again, I don't know what it is but something about those games bring me back time and time again!
    EDIT: Duke 3D with the Hi-Res Texture & Model packs is always worth a dabble!

7. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Cheers H, forgot those two, THPS, Tekken and GTA are always replayable anytime :D .

Death

8. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

halo. i played it through about 5 times on different difficultys. thats another thing that makes replaying games fun is difficulty so it makes them harder.

9. st00dent

st00dent Minimodder

Mario Kart on the snes - have been playing it since it came out.
    FF3 (or 6 depending which side of the globe ur from)

Nothing of recent times I've found worthy of replaying. I found HL2 to be really good, but i tried to start again, but it seemed like a lot of effort.

Pro Evo's Master Leagues.... Tetris anyone?

10. K

K 528491

Damn you. I'm not picking it up until the summer when I have some free time. I recall Sons of Liberty took a month or so of my life away the first time I had it and then again this time last year :hehe:

May have to pick up Twin Snakes too :D

11. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

yes definitley the MGS series, im that addicted i went and bought MSG 2 for the third time today for a fiver w00t :thumb: , been playin it as soon as i got in, oh btw does anyone know where i may be able to get twin snakes, i really want to get that. :D

12. Brew

Brew What's a Dremel?

Id day HL2 or even HL1 are good choices, not so much for the single player (granted those are fun as hell every time), but for the severe mods done for it and distributed for free. WIth HL2 and a Steam account you get access to literally a few hundred mods spread across both engines. Not really sure if that counts for "replayability", but deffinatly does count for longevity of a game, esspecially condidering the $50 price tag.

And of course, StarCraft has been going strong for 7 years and counting :D

13. Lost.Soul

Lost.Soul What's a Dremel?

I have played the Half-Life 2 so many times from start to end, and I was fascinated again and again... :eek:

Also really old Baldur´s Gate series is really replayable, so many possible styles of playing...

And I can´t forgot the first Deus Ex, Independence War II, Black And White and Morrowind :blush:

14. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i think ill probably be able to add SWAT 4 to the list of replayable gaems soon :)
    spent the last couple of hours playing it, great fun and definately the sort of game you can play over and over trying to complete each mission better :)

15. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I haven't really played any of the new-ish games at all yet, let alone more than once, so my list is limited to years ago when I used to game a lot...

Test Drive 1 & 2 - TD2 still remains in my all time classic games. :hehe:
    The Ancient Art of War.
    California Games 1 & 2.
    Most of the Space Quest, Police Quest, Kings Quest, and Larry series games.
    Prince of Persia - I loved that game! Will play through SoT again sometime also.
    Doom & Doom 2 - played through these countless of times.
    Dune 2 - I was seriously addicted to that game, played it through with all houses, Harkonnen being my favourite.
    Quake (1) - I played this through more times than any other game.
    Total Annihilation - Probably 100+ times with both sides, it's true no kidding. :rock:
    Starcraft.
    Warcraft 1 & 2.

Sheesh, probably loads more come to think of it, but I cannot remember anymore and all my stuff is packed away at the moment so can't have a look to refresh the memory :blah:

Anyway, I have a LOT of catching up to do, there have been so many great games released recently and there are more & more coming (eg. F.E.A.R, Stalker, new Age of Empires, etc.)

16. WORMAGE

WORMAGE What's a Dremel?

erm good question , i have played dungeon siege with add on through about twice but could easliy install it again right now tbh.

gran turismo 1 , 100% done and started again from scratch about a month ago.

i would love to say ff7 but i aint even got off the 1st cd yet :hehe:
    but i will surely play it again once i have finished it.

and lastly is resident evil 1,2

17. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Max Payne 1 & 2 several times.

Serious Sam 1 & 2 also many times.

I do like to dip into levels on most games, but i love going back to games after a while to see if i can complete them quicker than my previous attemps.

18. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I've played thru FC and HL2 a couple times. I never finished with doom3 - it wasn't worth my friend's bandwidth when he pirated it. FC definately lets you take a more free path than HL2 which is quite a bit more linear, although still fun.

FFVII has gotta be my fave game ever.

19. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

On the PC (I won't hark back to my old Amiga collection, or my love of Nintendos from the NES through to the Gamecube):

Civilization - went through two mice in the course of play :eeek:
    X Beyond the Frontier and X-Tension - Not really replay, just a game that never ended
    Alpha Centauri & Expansion
    Starcraft & Expansion (Fantastic little strategy game)
    Deus Ex - Fantasticly playable had to complete it several times to refine my skills
    Dungeon Keeper (Played over an over for about 2 years, made me laugh countless times)
    Thief - I never tire of this old classic, it was the first game I bought after getting my first GeForce Card.
    Splinter Cell & Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow - I adored these games after my experience with Thief
    Baulders Gate, Baulders Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights - I cut my roleplaying teeth on these games, they are superb with brilliant stories and each of them has been replayed so much that I'm surprised the CDs haven't worn through.

I guess I've always picked games that offer a lot from the replay either through trying new methods or chosing new paths. Thinking back on it I have always picked games that allow an element of freedom in the play style.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory will no doubt get a lot of replay once I build my new machine this summer :D

20. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Resident Evil 4 at the moment, I'm on my second round and I'll probably do it loads more times.

Some others I've played through quite a few times; GTA, C&C Red Alert, MGS, Mario 64, Zelda OOT.

Probably quite a few more and theres loads of games that keep me coming back to them to unlock new things, get higher ranks etc

Tags: