1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Silent Cat Work Log

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Whisp[TR], 2 Jul 2004.

1. Whisp[TR]

Whisp[TR] What's a Dremel?

Here si some more sites that will validate that my system is ok.

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/video/joytechapollo6600gt/p3.htm

This link is weird but i think it is a crappy vid card or something lol. They are saying overclocked and its is just beating my score so something is off lol.
    http://www.pcmoddingmy.com/content.php?review.199.5

Anyways I could go on and on with links but I would have to make sure they where all pci express and not agp links and such. think i prove that my system is fine though.

:)

2. th3Phallex

th3Phallex What's a Dremel?

I would've painted the front mesh black, to match the other misc. items you painted black...

Maybe used Green LEDs, too...

Sweet job, though!

:thumb:

3. Whisp[TR]

A black gril would have absorbed the light and was an idea at one point but I decided not to go with it since the painted silver grill looks way nicer when the front lighting is hitting it. has a sparkle effect while the black doesnt. For example the mouse had the grill painted black and if you look at teh way it lights up there is no reflectiveness to it. Also the front leds are uv but the paint doesnt like to react to them that was on the fans but all the cables did and added some extra brightness in the front. plus there was no other green lighting and Im not a big fan anymore of bright lighting. Why my last two systems where uv and most likely all my upcoming systems that I do wil be uv too. Also the silver conforms more to my theme and idea of the case.

4. Whisp[TR]

K so my other computer is done doing what it was doing and I worked on the top lighting. I sort of like the case without it but many where saying that i should so this is just for them :p and a picture to show then I turn it off since i made it easily removable.

First thing i did was I took a pci slot cover and cut it in half. i then curled it so that it had a loop and a half in it. Thsi was done so that when I put it bettween the top of the case and the top cage support beam it will slip in and stay snug. there is also a little valey in the support beam and the bracket i built is bent so that it fits in there.

sorry for the crappy picture
    [​IMG]

Once that was done i took the LED unit that I made and since it had screw holes I used the one side of the pci bracket piece and attached the screw and the unit.

[​IMG]

Once that was done just slipped it in the top and positioned it to where i wanted the light to affect.

[​IMG]

And the end result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UV doesnt seem to take good pictures with my camera but its is pretty bright.

So there it is.

Now all I need is to replace all the crappy white connectors with green and then worry about next mod if I do an other one.