1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Websites to Buy Airsoft Guns

Discussion in 'General' started by NissanFrontier, 20 Apr 2005.

1. NissanFrontier

NissanFrontier What's a Dremel?

I have been thinking about getting a Airsoft gun since myPaintball vs. Airsoft thread. Now I'm thinking more and more because it seems to me from the paintball guns that I have seen that they have short range and not very good accuracy. What makes me mad is using sights and aiming is almost impossible with a paintball gun because either the hooper is in the way and/or the paintballs seem to start dropping after a about 30 feet. So I end up using the shoot one paintball and adjust from there technique(spelling?). But from what I read Airsoft guns you can aim with the sights and the BB has a straighter path and can shoot further.

My style of play seems to fit Airsoft more then paintball. I like to use camo and sneak and hide and take well aimed shots where my friend would rather shoot as fast a possible and pin me behind a tree as he trys to get as close as possible. Also with it being just me and my friend playing around paintballs are to expensive. So I'm looking at a TM M4a1 and I was wondering will I be able to look down the sights of the gun and hit the target in the cross hairs or will I have to aim at the head to hit the feet from around 100ft?

Now the reason this thread was created where is a good site for a newbie to buy from? I have seen Red Wolf Airsoft but should I import or order from a US dealer? I also saw Airsoft Atlanta and wondered if they are any good? I really don't care if the trademarks are on the guns but I would like the gun not to have a big glob of bondo or something on it. I would really like to have a Blaze Orange muzzle and a flat black one. That way when I'm in the woods and I can put the black one on and be able to hide and then when I'm done playing put the orange one on. But I'm wondering how much trouble is it to buy from Red Wolf being how there are in asia? Also Please give me other suggestions on websites to buy from that are cheap.

Also feel free to post any information on airsoft because I really want to know as much as I can on this sport. I would really like info on guns to get and equipment I should get too.

Please feel free to post pics of your airsoft guns!

Last edited: 20 Apr 2005
  2. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

First thing: Paragraphs. Please.

I'd say get some good BBs, not those 500 for a pound things that have more ridges and bumps than I don't know what.

Looking at some pictures , I think you should be able to get some measure of accuracy (with good BBs), as long as you know what distance it's zeroed to.

- H.

3. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

lol...

sorry for the spam but that was hilarious...

4. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

too long, didn't read.

(seriously, a few line breaks make for a much nicer reading experience)

5. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

Sights take to long to use and if you're wearing a full face mask its hard to look down the length of the gun properly. You also won't generally get pin point accuracy (although this depends on distance between you and your target) , its so much easier to just get used to the gun fire at your target and then adjust if you miss.

If you're going to get into it properly then get to a skirmish site and play properly with other people, it's so much more fun!

/me strokes his beautiful m4a1

6. ginguskahn

ginguskahn What's a Dremel?

7. NissanFrontier

ok sorry about the extremely long paragraph, it was late(I know no excuse) it's fixed now.

I would love to go to a skirmish site but I don't think they are any in the whole state of virginia. I wondering if I should just get a better paintball gun because my friend has told me "Your not shooting me with a plastic BB". But I really like the airsoft guns better because the way they look. Between a TM m4a1 and a paintball gun which has better range and accuracy? I don't really won't pin point accuracy I just really want like a 3-5 inch spread from about 100ft. Is that possible with a airsoft gun?

I was looking at the Excel Bio BBs are they good? I saw the Inertia BBs that Airsoft Atlanta has but they are black and I thought that would be hard to see mid-air, would they?

Lazy where did you get that m4a1? Is it a good gun?

Thanks for the link to the website, but I live in the US. I'm looking for a good US website that sells them cheap.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2005
  8. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

he's in the US...

you'd be better off with a CA or ICS M4alike, they're both metal and have better gearboxes than the TM as stock for not much more cash :)

9. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Just for the record.

Plastic BB's don't go straight. They will slowly go up and down true the airstream. Then drop at the end of range. I think a 100ft is range you will get before the 'drop'. But it won't be 'straight'.

Paintballs won't either, but thats a completely different game. No point in trying to compare them..

The only thing that goes 'straight' are the little lead bullets from 'airsoft' guns. Not plastic.. little bullets if you will.

I don't know the name of these in english.

Good luck on your choice
    L

10. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

Do you mean air rifles?

Your friend is a bit mis informed as paintballing hurts a hell of a lot more than airsofting.

I got my gun in the UK from Airsoft Armoury. All stock TM guns pretty much perform the same so just choose the one that you like the look of best and one that will match your playing style. I.e if you like running around a lot and getting up close and personal a long gun like an m16 or G3 SG1 is probably not for you.

11. dom_

dom_ --->

as said its mostly looks not performance.
    but look for the fastest motor (higher rate of fire), if you want a large or small battery (large will last most day on one charge, small ones you might need two to last a day) also magazine capacity in the hi-cap mags.

other than that they are all very similar.

oh yeah and to the people about accuracy and going up then down and so on. decent airsoft guns have "hop-up" which is an adjustable rubber piece in the barrel that puts a back spin on the bb so it counteracts the fall of gravity due to the centrifugal force of the spinning bb. so it goes longer straighter. you need to adjust it with the weight of the bb's. so .25 would need a little more hopup than .20g

as for makes of bb's i love excel bio-degradable ones. 0.2g
    i wouldnt use anything lighter, if you want to tune your gun for more power then get 0.25g

unless you want a sniper rifle :D then a heavy upgrade needs 0.5g ideally

12. NissanFrontier

After some research I found this package deal here. I found this website on amazon.com. They are one of the companys that sell airsoft guns on amazon. Has anyone ever bought or know someone who has bought from Precisionairsoft.com before?

13. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

Interesting how they don't tell you what battery comes with it as thats kind of important so you know how many extra you need to get. I used to use 2 x 9.6volt 1100 mah batteries to see me through the day.

You would also need a couple of hi capacity mags to go with that as 68 rounds won't last long.

14. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

15. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

nissan that deal is pretty good but you dont get any hi-cap mags with it remember that

the battery is probably gonna be a standard small one which is 600mAh

i find that airsoft guns are quite accurate and have quite a range. i use a 3-9x40 scope and also a 40mm red dot

airsoft isnt all about hiding stuff it depends what type of role you wanna play, sometimes i spend ages stalking someone so i can get close to them and make them surrender but sometimes i do mad suicidal runs down a hill. it just depends what you feel like doing

16. NissanFrontier

Yeah I understand that you could get dual MP5-Ks and just go guns a blazing or get a PSG-1 and a ghillie suit and stalk people. What I was talking about is that where we play there is a hill going down to a creek and I like to sit up on the top of the hill in the deep thick woods and wait for someone to walk by on the low ground and ambush them. But with my paintball gun I shoot one time and then adjust and after about 2 shots my friend as already got behind cover. So what I want to be able to do is look down a sight and hit my target first time. Then and I can shoot and couple more times then go full auto to get him to put his head down then run away.

Good question to e-mail them and see how good the customer service is :D

I'm trying to decide between the M16 and the M4, I like the range and accuracy of the M16 but I think I need the smaller size M4 that way I can move threw the thick woods quicker. Like one time I was running as fast as I could and I went to squeeze between to trees but the gun I was running with was to long to fit between so I ended up on the ground :D

17. dom_

dom_ --->

you will find almost no difference between the m4 and the m16 accuracy wise.
    you can always get a tn barrel at a later date if you want more accuracy.

the m4 although it takes a smaller battery, you can get so many more accessories and it can take a scope without any mods or a special mount. also you can even get a slightly larger forgrip and a "horseshoe" battery that is the same a large battery.

its what i did, infact on my m4 i even installed a folding stock so it was smaller and then the smaller front barrel system from FIRST. So it was tiny and sure packed a punch. the battery was 9.6v which gives a much higher rate of fire than an 8.4 or as i have seen some people use, packs from radio control cars which are only 7.2v. 7.2v seriously drops the rate of fire.

18. NissanFrontier

That sounds like a good idea I might try that when I get one. Can you use the scope to be able to shoot farther or is it just for looks? Do you have any pictures of your M4? Does the plastic body of the gun feel sturdy or does it feel weak? What I'm worried is if I'm running and hit a tree like I did with my paintball gun will it break? Also dom_ you have made a ghillie suit right? If you have, I bought some Jute twine but when I go to fray(spelling?) it, it just falls apart. Like each thread is like a 1/8 of a inch so you just end up with a big mess and not strands. Is this the wrong stuff? I geuss I should get burlap? My uncle is going to send me some BDUs so I want to turn one of them into a ghillie sniper suit.

19. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

the scope doesnt really extend ur range its just more accurate than using open sights... you can just put a crosshair (or a red dot) on someone and if ur gun is zerod then you'll know where the bb's are gonna go before you shoot.

most of the armalite series of guns are pretty crappy as far as strength goes (for TM brand guns anyway) theres been so many incidents where kids run into trees or fall over and bring guns back to the safezone in two bits.

the strongest electric guns you can get are the ak47 and ak spetz... they feel real solid in your hand, but guns like the m16, m4, mp5, etc feel flimsy and when you move them in your hand they creak and stuff...

you can get addon parts for the colts which strengthen it though im talking out of the box

20. dom_

dom_ --->

im my heavy experience, ak47 always fall to bits even without running around the plan one, the screws fall out the stock, the stock snaps off etc. only ever heard bad things about them.
    stay clear of the sig range.
    m4-16 etc and the g3 series are good i find. if plastic creep annoys you buy a metal body kit :D but then its a pain lugging the gun around.