1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows SWAT4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ouija, 18 Apr 2005.

1. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Anyone got this yet? I've been playing it a lot single player and messed about with Co-op as well, but with limited success due to the lack of coordination between players. Anyone interested in playing the missions Co-op properly?

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

from what I've played of it so far, it's more of the same and sucks a bit :blah:

It's like a 2001 First Person Shooter, only more restrictive.

3. Springs

Springs Boing boing

ive got it and been playing the single player missions... not a bad game IMO i believe its the onl SWAT game ive played.. never really looked into the older ones..

theres a few things i dont like about the game but its not a big deal really.. even on the easy mode its still a hard game, mainly when all your team gets shot and your the only one left to finish it all..

4. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Too slow...too much of the same. Played the demo to death but couldnt get into it.

Waiting for Ravensheild 4 personally :D

5. ouija

Oh come on now... fine, it's similar to SWAT3 but that is a class game. I admit there were a few limitations fixed in later patches, but it was still overall a good game. I prefer SWAT4 since the element don't have those stupid futuristic ballistic helmets like in SWAT3, and it all plays much more fluent than the previous.

Maybe I'm biased, I've been a fan since the isometric SWAT2 :D

6. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

SWAT 4 multiplayer kicks so much ass.

the Rainbow 6 series has been brutally raped by ubi. who the bloody hell wants all the crap about a story?

7. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i loved swat3, and this is basically the same only better so i love this too :D
    i only played the first 4 or 5 missions on 'normal' after that it got too hard to complete the missions without shooting first and asking questions later, so i just set it to easy and shoot everything that moves :D

8. MNC Fear

MNC Fear Banned

I thought SWAT 3 was good so Im looking forward to tryin this out

9. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

I like this game alot. Played alot of coop with a friend over lan, and we do get our asses kicked alot on hard in the later missions. We gave up trying to scream at them and just shoot them all. multiplayer kicks ass, i love how you can arrest the enemy if you can. lol, i was being arrested when my friend walked into the room (in game). I screamed shoot him, he said i dont have a shot. So I screamed shoot through me...he did. I'll be damned if im going to be arrested. :cooldude: . Very fun game, alot like the rainbox 6 games, but with its own uniqness. The only thing I do not like is how slow you aim, it should move fast and then slow down to percision aim.

JEEVES

10. ouija

The aim speed can easily be altered by changing your cursor acceleration speed within Windows :thumb:

11. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

not the mouse sensitivity, the cursor aim. When you move your crosshairs stay large, and they take forever to come back down when you stop. What I am saying is that they should quickly close in to a certain point (basicly the size of a person) and then slowly come down to a pinpoint. if you have ever moved with a real firearm, you will see that you basicly can aim at a person in a split second. But if you want a nice procision shot it will take a few sec to get the aim right. It just feels like your gun is not in the ready postion when moving, and you are only bringing it up when you want to fire. if that makes any sence at all :eyebrow:

JEEVES

12. ouija

Oh that, yes I know what you mean. Try a different weapon, some are easier to stabilise than others. The G36 is very good for CQB and has .223 rounds :rock: The fact that it only fires in two round bursts means the recoil doesn't ruin your aim as badly as the other weapons.

I think there should be a way to upgrade skills as you progress and spend points on quick aiming, throwing grenades etc.

I'm definately going to start playing online with a few mates since I'm getting much better at anticipating whether a suspect is going to fire or not. It does kind of bug me when you don't have a taser and they decide to run even with a bullet in the ankle.

13. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

Yeah I know what you mean, I started to use the mp5 with fmj, 3 round controlable burst. Double tap that and the person goes down. Online will be slighty different as everyone is wearing kevlar and helmet (unless they get gas mask). Chest shots dont do as much and head shots dont either. I have learned to either shoot the neck and face or light the legs up. That will usualy drop them.

JEEVES

Tags: