1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHS scraps nappies cut decision

Discussion in 'Serious' started by I'm_Not_A_Monster, 15 Apr 2005.

1. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

A health authority has overturned a decision to ration the number of nappies given to an epileptic teenager.

it seems the US doesn't have a corner on the market of stupid people in gov't

Linqage

2. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Leave it to government, any government, to take an embarrassing situation and turn it into an insulting one. This is cost cutting gone bad.

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Just another example of how the NHS is being run as a business :sigh:

PS - Did the bbc really nead to name the poor kid.

4. I'm_Not_A_Monster

yes, the humiliation was not yet complete

5. The Savior

The Savior What's a Dremel?

For those of us who live in the US, a nappy is a diaper.

6. I'm_Not_A_Monster

oh yeah, forgot to translate for us americans... oh and the NHS is a cold heartless machine, also an acronym for the nat'l health service (right?)

7. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Hey, we shouldn't knock it until we have tried it. At least they have one, we have 50% of our population that cant access non-emergency health care.

8. jc.com

jc.com What's a Dremel?

Though I wouldn't deny that it has its faults, those who have occasion to use the NHS are generally full of praise and gratitude. Those who don't have occasion to use it are generally glad that it's there just in case....

Incidentally, referring back to post no. 2, why is it the government's fault? This was a decision by the health authority.

9. quack

quack Minimodder

Abbreviation, not an acronym... and yes, it stands for National Health Service.

10. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Thank you, I was wondering that the hell they were talking about.

Are you kidding me? It's illegal for a hospital to refuse care because of lack of insurance or financial situation and it doesn't matter if it's non-emergency or not. All hospitals in the US have provisions built-in for people who are unable to pay for services. Tust me, I work at one and durring every quarterly management meetings, that's a big topic of discussion. There are also tons of government and charity programs which people can get on if they WANT the help plus there are plenty of doctors out there who offer services based on a sliding scale if you do not have insurance. All the people you refer to need to do is to ask for the assistance and do a small bit of leg work.

Last edited: 22 Apr 2005