1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Voltage HTPC (update 4-30-05)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jaguarking11, 17 Feb 2005.

1. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya see i knew it!! lol

2. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

realy dosent matter as long as you dont confuse the ground wire.

any coments on the case?

3. jaguarking11

Another quick update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope you guys like.

4. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

Looks pretty good, just one suggestion: make your own speaker grills

5. jaguarking11

I was thinking about making my own or even refacing the ones I have but I rather like the look. Then again nothing is set in stone so it may change.

Thanks for the sugestion though.

6. jaguarking11

Another minor update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I painted the side part of the window with yellow and actualy finished painting the lcd casing with black paint and clear coat so now its fully mounted and will be wired shortly.

7. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

Good job on the window and handles. good job on the psu. I would lose the speaker grills and make your own. - maybe add a little more yellow to the case. Add some high voltage stickers to match the theme...

Hope you dont mind the suggestions! :dremel:

P.S. - I have said this before but I'll say it again: All mods should have a network switch incorpoated into it. Its just too practical!

8. jaguarking11

Yeh your rite. The speaker grills need work. I was thinking of reshaping the old ones and posibly covering them with nylon or maybe take the sugestion and make new ones. Will probly make my own grills.

And I dont mind you or anyone sugesting anything as that will only make the project better.

Also I am thinking of ways to add yellow to the case. Btw the high voltage theme was inspired by your very nice case that I have been following since the begining.

I also agree with the network switch especialy for the price I paid for this switch (7bux including tax at the bargain bin at comp usa)

i have a nic that has two nics in it and im thinking about ading that to my pc. Evenb though the mobo I have has an onboard nic. and the pc will also get a wireles nic just in case I want to move it.

9. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya but the psone adapter doesnt have the 3rd prong (ground) so it dont matter :)

case is lookin nice

10. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

thanks... I dont normally like to use the nic's that are on the main board. But with two other ones you could disable it and save a small amount of system resources. ditto for sound, of course I am breaking both suggestions in the Perforated case because I wanted to save the space. I also like the way you opened up the window to show off your psu - it would have been a shame to do all that work and not really be able to show it off. Keep updating - I am enjoying the mod! :dremel:

11. jaguarking11

Ok guys I want to paint the internal chasi. I was thinking about red as I will be using red ccfl's in it. Or maybe yellow? How about glossy black?

I was also thinking of something screwy like a dark green or something.

12. PhatMatt

PhatMatt What's a Dremel?

dont go with the red because it would conflict with the theme too much. I agree with the masses about the speaker grills.. it would be real easy to get some aluminum mesh and hammer it into shape.
    if it were my case, i'd do yellow aluminum mesh grills, flush with the case, as for an internal paint scheme, i'd do black with the yellow diagonal stripes, or paint the whole inside yellow. just my 2 cents. case it lookin pretty good though! keep it up!

13. jaguarking11

I may resurface the ccfls or just have them glow white. But the thing is that the mobo I plan on using is red and so is the ram.

14. jaguarking11

Ok I painted the Sony ps1 psu I will be using on my lcd so here it is.

[​IMG]

15. jaguarking11

Ok update. A photogalery of the now finished external enclousure. I will add more things to it at a lader date but now I am going to focus on the interior of the machine.

The internal color will be yellow when I am done rebabricating the rear of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

Looks good! =D

17. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I've somehow managed to miss this... but wow! I love how you did the PS1 screen. I almost did the same thing but it turns out a) it wouldn't work out well for me and b) SLI doesn't work with two displays at once. Love the yellow on black scheme, my personal fave :thumb:

18. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

Wrong! White is neutral, Black is hot.

19. jaguarking11

Thats what I said but people tend to try to cerrect me. Even though I do this for a living. I have installed more home wiring than most people dream of withought a single miswire... Ah well, sometimes you just gotta let people ramble on and on.

20. jaguarking11

Speaker grills.

Well I was messing around with my speaker grills and this is what I came up with.

[​IMG]

Any sugestions on how to add to the design?

I was thinking about printing out a High voltage logo and puting it in the middle of the wire grills sandwitched between the plastic and the metal wire.

Any sugestions?