1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Blinded Nightmare

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by yuzi87, 25 Apr 2005.

1. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

Hi all started my new project on my tsunami dream silver, i built the comp i got now xmas 2003 with above mid range bits had it for a year then decided to do sumthing with it but was just a case of adding led fans and laser leds and spray painting case, as u can see from pic not that exciting.

But now im going for the silent beast type of comp, all the bits ill be getting will be top of range and most of all silent im goin the fx55 route prob fx57 by the time i saved up for it

So far i have taken all fans/holders out, taken the security switch out, took top ports out as i will get front usb panel, i have cut out front and rear fan honey combs added u channel grommet and rubber grommets for fan screws.

after staring at my case for a while determined to change a lot more on it i decided i didnt like the top flap that had no use once i took the ports out so after deciding wat i cud put there i decided on modders mesh and a 120mm fan grill for extra cooling (supplied by mnpctech man ) i will somehow implement them into the top cut out as u will see as i do updates.

more updates to come soon and ill draw up wat essentially i am hoping for my case to look like!

btw i used to have a dremmel n it blew up so i did all this case with a 240v mains drill god know's at what rpm! i obliterated 18 of my old dremmel cutting discs, and even managed to rip out centre of all 5 of new cutting discs i got from mnpctech, finsihed al lthe cutting of with a 2mm burring bit lol, i had no paitence to wait n buy proper bits :rolleyes:

My comp at the mo
    [​IMG]
    new case project
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 25 Apr 2005
  2. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

The next thing ill be doin wen i get some dosh is painting sum mesh looking for a piece of acrylic and with the fan grill turning it into something good for the cut out, i done a quick rough plan below (excuse the drawing)

[​IMG]

3. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

not much of an update but i done a few little things to the case,
    first of all i wanted to know what color the power leds were so i connected a 12v 7ah battery to them but obvs this was 2 much for them and they blew up

But luckily as i had taken the 2 bright blue leds out the front door i soldered both them to the wires, so hopefully wen its all up and running ill have blue leds to go with my theme,

4. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

2moro i should be finished spraying and ill post pics up, I recieved my black anodized pop rivets today, But unfortunatly they were to small for the holes i had to fix the grill onto so i had to use some standered larger ones but nevermind it doesnt look as bad as i thought it would and i mite think of a way to disguise them as well.

[​IMG]
    A few more taster pics the best is yet to come!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

Well I Finally got around to finishing my top cut out and it doesnt look to bad (ill try and get some better pics) and yea i no the rivet holes are a few mms out but to late now....although thinking about it i could make holes longer and use black rubber grommets to hide extra part of hole that would show..ill have to see

also painted inside drive cages and side bar black... the paint job didnt go as well as i was hoping maybe i didnt have enough paitence but doesnt look to bad,

ive recieved one of my packages i ordered for modding the front door all im waiting on now is a drill bit......this next mod is either gonna look really good or end up looking really bad........thats what u have to risk when it comes to modding i guess :p

stay tuned for more updates!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Apr 2005
  6. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

Well Finally got round to extending the front intake holes in the door to improve airflow to front 120mm fan i know a lot of people didnt dare mess with their front door as its already a nice looking door and quite thick so i just had to go and do something to it :rolleyes: (it dont look the most perfect close up :sigh: but good enough) and i put a case wrap on to go with my theme.....should look really good when i get the blue ccfl and blue fans to shine out of it

i also removed the comical purple/green pci bracket as ill be using black thumbscrews to secure any pci cards

most of my case is now completed i will be adding some new feet to it and doing something with the inside floor of case and then its onto adding the hardware! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. mr.X

mr.X What's a Dremel?

I don't see the pics. But I'm sure it's nice what you've done so far.. :D

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Awesome work dude!!! Never seen red x's that detailed!!! Sorry. :D

9. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

dam geocities bandwith limit thing they should be back up within an hour.........anybody no any free sites i can host pictures on?

10. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

Http://www.Imageshack.us

11. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

pics fixed

Cheers, pics are now fixed :rock:

12. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

ok so can u see um now ppl...? :sigh:

13. mieleton

mieleton What's a Dremel?

The pics are visible now and they look pretty good. I like the idea of using the fan grill and mesh w/ acrylic. Also the front panel looks nice. The stock front panel on that case looks good, put with that skin it should go well with your theme. :)

So, keep up the good work! :dremel:

14. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

im really looking forward to post more up with all the one coments ive had was expecting a bit more from these forums :eyebrow:

15. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

Looking good :naughty:

16. mr.X

mr.X What's a Dremel?

very nice job done. I like the case wrapping on the front. looking forward to see more.

keep on moddin' :dremel:

17. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

As im gonan be having 2 raptors in enclosures and i have only got four 5"25 bays i was thinking to my self its gonna get pretty hot up there,
    so i found an old comp case drilled out the 5"25 drive bay cage and cut it down to fit in my new case just sanded it n now gonna prime it and spray it black to go with my theme also tonight ill be ordering my psu and mobo and sleeving kit :D

Drive cage
    [​IMG]

Cut and sanded
    [​IMG]

18. wickyman

wickyman What's a Dremel?

Really nice looking case. Good work so far! I always appreciate a good mod, and this is a great mod! Fantastic man! Keep it up!

19. yuzi87

yuzi87 What's a Dremel?

thanks ill post more pics soon

20. mafia11671

mafia11671 What's a Dremel?

The cuts on the top and around the fanholes are slick and clean. Love the graphics on the case and use of the mesh and the fan grill. Curious how you are going to use the drive cage. VERY clean start.
    :thumb: :dremel: :thumb: :dremel:
    Mafia