1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

Damn... i love this case

i also love those gothic thumb screws (i love gothic stuff) i might get a few for my case mod, along with a huge skull engraved on the window, with some rather lovely red acrylic flames covering my motherboard :D

i love the way that grill looks, i personally think it would look better chromed, but maybe just polished would look OK

kickass mod man

take care

2. grumblemarc

grumblemarc What's a Dremel?

I agree. I think it's just the lighting in the pics.

3. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

I am a big fan of chrome, no doubt about that. But IMO, you need to use chrome to accent areas of a machine (or a cars engine). Too much chrome and everything just looks "shiny" instead of drawing your minds eye to the chrome components. I have quite a bit of chrome already (perhaps too much). The stainless and red acrylic are a very good match for the cases divider plates aluminum and red acrylic washers. I am happy with the look.. :thumb:

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

The case is looking better and better as you make more and more of it fit with your theme-but now the motherboard is starting to look wayyyy out of place amongst the chrome, black, and red acryllic; perhaps a red or black motherboard is in order-or are you planning on making a motherboard cover plate? ;)

5. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

That's just what i said.
    /me Starts chant, A8N SLI, A8N SLI etc. :D

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

:thumb:

Of course, he'd need a PCIE 6800U and ditch that pretty AGP version, and the board itself. Maybe only $300 if he could get a good sell price on the current video card. I still have to agree though.

Although the yellowishness of the mobo does stand out over everything else, it draws your attention over the red/black/chrome, as does the copper of the CPU block.

7. koola

koola Minimodder

Nice case. Lotta $$$ though :thumb:

8. modsquad

My plan is a few well-placed always-on Red LEDs. That should give the illusion of a "reddish" motherboard area. We will see how that works out when I began working on the lighting. Soon.

Last edited: 26 Apr 2005
  9. modsquad

I have a lot of Aqua-Computer gear at the SlaughterHouse, but no APE240 grills.
    [​IMG]
    I have a APE240 radiator that needs one (needs get installed in customers machine, but I hijacked the grill for BN). Some day all those parts will have a home. :thumb:
    Luckly both Sharka and SNT have the APE240 grills in stock.
    I gave Dan's SNT the order for two APE240 grills..
    I also placed my first Sharka order yesterday for two APE360 grills. Very professional service. Package is on it's way. BUT I am wondering if he will become a "full-line" dealer or just stock select items. Only time will tell.

I did get some stuff. My toggle switches, hexhead bolts and my skull thumbscrews.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure what I will get done this weekend, we will see.

Last edited: 19 Sep 2008
  10. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

i think its gonna look cool

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

that's a bizarre allen wrench... if that's what it even is. that 1800 just plain makes me horny :hehe: :jawdrop: :yawn: Same with that pair (or perhaps triplet, can't see too well) of Aquaero VFDs

Hope the thumbscrews look nice installed.... from how it looks they seem like they may end up kinda out of place (more in size than theme). Depends where they're going I suppose... if it's the PCI slot covers it'll probably be fine.

12. preatorian

preatorian What's a Dremel?

lol those skull-thumbscrews are SOOO cool :D

13. modsquad

The allen wrench is a Xcelite. Interchangeable (size) blades, they make nice tools.
    Two Aquaero's (1-LCD and 1-VFD, the VFD is mine for the next big project :thumb: ) and a APE240 Radiator. That pile of AC stuff just keeps growing. The APE1800 is a monster radiator. I will post some pictures in the EC section over the weekend (I have not seen any good pictures of one).
    The thumbscrews are about "standard" size.
    [​IMG]
    I plan to use them for the PCI slot covers (or at least checkout how the look)..We will see.

Last edited: 19 Sep 2008
  14. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

Hehe cute litle *******s :baby:

But I would recomend back or dark red for a simplier look. Couse your inside are so maxed, you shouldnt look for more things to do one the outside..

Maky you could do some styling with the weels? Maby put something there to lighten them up or so?

Awsome as u know it!

15. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

wow, those nice looking sidewinder skull-screws look very much alike the sunbeam skull thumb screws ( http://www.atruereview.com/case_thumbscrews/02.jpg ) I wonder if these two companies are the same, or buy from the same factory.

Love them though.. really fits the imagery. :hehe:

16. modsquad

They look "exactly" the same. I would think they are made by the same people, cast from the same mold.
    They do fit the "theme". I can't say for sure I will use them, but I can say I will try them out and see how they look..
    :thumb:

17. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

i'd use a batch in SG as well. Maybe on the PCI slot covers, and make them all stare at something in the case...

18. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Modsquad:

If you were the one who ordered 2 Evo 360 grills then Wes said they should be at your place probably Tuesday as they went out this afternoon. :thumb:

Last edited: 29 Apr 2005
  19. modsquad

Yes that was me (my Shark-Test order). I received a tracking # with that same delivery date. Your buddy Wes is very professional, a big :thumb: to the Sharka!!
    I always need AC gear, but at this point his inventory is limited (more soon I hope)..He did add a few more items since my last visit (just checked). Bottom line, I will definitely order from the Shark again..
    http://www.sharkacorp.com/

20. modsquad

Yes, they would work in Soylent Green as well. I think they are very cool. Right up my alley... :thumb: