1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Problem with monitor!!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by wiredvision, 28 Mar 2005.

1. wiredvision

wiredvision Guest

well i don't know whether i posted in right section(i appologize for this). i have monitor benq v772, when windows starts the vision is blurred on the texts do not appear properly!!!

what should i adjust to make it work properly???

2. McGuinness

McGuinness Banned

Do you have your monitor cable near anything like a TV or a speaker? That can cause ghosting like you describe.

If you do, try moving said items out of the way to see if it helps.

3. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

could also be software if u've been playing with cleartype etc.

does it happen at a lower res and frequency?

4. wiredvision

wiredvision Guest

well i have 5 satellite speakers in all in my surround system!!! only the text blurr!! is that possible with the small satellite speakers?? the font left and rear left speakers are placed on the left of my monitor.. well yesterday when i switched pc on, did not blur just after some time problem arised.

5. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

Is it an LCD? If so, the phase could be out. Check in the built-in menu for phase, and adjust that and see if it looks better.

_C

6. wiredvision

wiredvision Guest

no it's not an lcd. i tested monitor on other pc and i find sam problem..

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

You can get the Technical info and circuit diagram here (you'll need the Chinese character set Acrobat downloads to view, but it's all in English).

Don't think it will help you, doesn't show any user adjustments for focus AFAICS, and if it still happens on another PC it looks like a monitor fault.

8. Blue Raven

Blue Raven What's a Dremel?

If only the text is blurred, it probably is a clear type problem. clear type is something that helps windows display text on an lcd screen.

Another thing to check, this might be kinda obvious but, is your screen resolution set at the lcd monitors resolution? Google says that your monitors resolution is 1024x768 at 89Hz, make sure your screen is set to this.

9. wiredvision

wiredvision Guest

well. it's not windows problem coz resolution is already set to 1024x768 since i've bought my pc. well can u tell me where to adjust focusing inside monitor?? is there any solution for this type of prob?? what is AFAICS?? i've been using monitor since 2 years and this year is the 3rd year i'm gonna use it.. i had been noticing a little bluring on the texts but i did not pay attention and now it's all blurred!! any solution for repairing??

thanks to everyone who's posting!!

10. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

It's not LCD, it's a 17" CRT. Set resolution to 640x480 and see if the problem is still there.

AFAICS = As far as I can see

11. wiredvision

wiredvision Guest

problem is same m8. i changes resolution but i get same prob!! can some1 help me??

how can focusing be done?? what is the purpose of the flyback transformer?? how can i obtain a sharp image instead of blurred one??

12. wiredvision

wiredvision Guest

still same prob

well i guys i tried to solve problem by adjusting focusing on flyback transformer now the text is not fully blurred but only a bit!! a technician told me that he changed 3 capacitors inside but problem persists!!! what shud i do?? well my mobile phone was often placed near the monitor and as i mentioned my 5.1 surround is still here!!! what's the cause?? i degaussed it but same prob dude :wallbash: :wallbash: what the hell?? what to change and adjust next??? could it be that my mobile affected the monitor?? any other solution???

13. wiredvision

wiredvision Guest

if u can help plz do so bcoz i badly need to use my pc!!!

14. DarkInferno

DarkInferno Minimodder

Does it have any other evidence of fault except focus?

Before we go into the back of a monitor, do you realise the safety issues involved? There is around 25000 Volts of the sparky stuff back there even while unplugged.

I'd test for faulty focus caps (I guess the 3 caps the technition changed), focus module, FBT, renew as required.

Also try asking on a crt repair forum as they are more speciallised and more likely to be able to deal with your problem quicker.

get the guy back who changed the 3 caps and ask him to repair it this time? :D

15. wiredvision

wiredvision Guest

That guy !!! I'll get his ass grilled with the EHT INSIDE!!! :blush: in other words do you have link of CRT forum??

16. Cougar4

Cougar4 What's a Dremel?

Aging electrolytic capacitors are the most common source of problems like this. There still may be some problem ones in the power supply or sweep circuits of the monitor. You should be able to find a used CRT monitor pretty cheap if you can't fix this one. I wouldn't invest much money in it. If you can afford a new LCD unit I would replace the CRT unit with it.

17. diabloroker

diabloroker What's a Dremel?

EDIT: DAMNIT... wrong topic... but it still fits here...

I used to have blurry font thing on my CRT's when they get old.

Open your monitor, there will be 2 potentiometers, top is focus, bottom is color. just use a screwdriver and mess with the focus..

WARNING: Its dangerous because you have to operate the monitor while its on to see whats a good setting, and also the potentiometers are very sensitive.

I fixed my monitor by just touching it. If your monitor is about 3-4 yrs old... expect changing the potentiometers every 3 months.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2005