1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Where can I get PCB's to use in a mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Liquid Steele, 24 Apr 2005.

1. Liquid Steele

Liquid Steele What's a Dremel?

In mods that I have done in the past I have wanted to incorporate some pcb panels into the project but I have had no luck finding does anyone have any reccomendations on where a person could obtain some junk pcb's for project work.

2. rankie

rankie What's a Dremel?

PCBs are made specificly for a particular device so using a "junk" PCB is almost impossible, I suggest you go down to your local radio-shack and get the stuff you need to make your own PCBs

3. g0th

g0th What's a Dremel?

You mean you just want a 'junk' PCB kinda for decoration, right? Not to actually build electronics on?

Surely you can find something to dismantle :)

4. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

if you want them for decoration, then just find/buy a old mobo or two. and if you want to you can remove all of the componets (put it upside down in a oven for a while, and anythin thing thats left over desolder the standard way).

there was a thread a short while ago with a guy who was making a mouse mat out of a motherboard with all of the componets removed.

5. Liquid Steele

Yes the PCB's were only for decoration only I have seen mouse pads keychains notebooks and a assortment of other items made out of the pcb's so I figured that there was somwone to buy this as a art medium.

6. pr0xZen

pr0xZen What's a Dremel?

Figure "PCB decoration" : Fill up a picture frame with old RAM. Or even better, decorate your "work room" door with RAM. If you can get yourt hands on that much. That way, if you fry a module, you always know where to get a spare :)

If in need of PCB for pracitocal uses, stripboard is usually a modest and safe way to go.

7. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Cool little kit here
    Maplins Linkey

Credit goes to Sam for posting
    here

EDIT: Ohhh i see your in the states. I think radioshack (not quite sure) is about the alternative for maplins.

8. Liquid Steele

that is a great kit I just ordered one

9. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Glad it was of help to you :thumb: