1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: INNOCENCE <---MAJOR UPDATE--5/3/05--->

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by blue_fusion, 26 Apr 2005.

1. blue_fusion

blue_fusion What's a Dremel?

This is my new project...here is the case if you are interested... http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/xaser3/v1000d.htm ...to tell you all the truth I really dont have a definite plan for what this case is going to look like when its done, Im just going with the flow, so to speek. Let me quite talking and get on with the picture show.

This is what the front bezel looks like right out of the box-->(yes this case is huge)
    [​IMG]

Now this is what Ive done to it. These are all the pieces to the bezel, they are saned lightly and awaiting paint.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the painting begins.
    [​IMG]

Well for some reason I have misplaced the images of it being painted (nothing special anyway) but here is what the bezel looks like now. So yeah, what I did was painted the blue X and got rid of that light up Thermaltake sign and replaced it with wire mesh for better air flow.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now here are pictures of the frame itself.
    Front
    [​IMG]

Inside
    [​IMG]

Back
    [​IMG]

And now the top is where Im planning on cutting to fit a nice sized 120mm fan.
    [​IMG]

Another shot:
    [​IMG]

120mm Fan
    [​IMG]

And that is all I have done for now, Im going to be taping off the top of the case tonight and probably cutting tomorrow. I know it isnt much as of yet, so any suggestions or comments that you can throw my way would really be appreciated. Just let me know what you honestly think.

Last edited: 4 May 2005
  2. QuinnDexter

QuinnDexter What's a Dremel?

looks good so far.

3. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

Agreed..

What else are your idea's on this mod? I know you said you didn't have a plan but I guess fans, lightning will come for sure? :worried:

Keep us updated :clap:

4. blue_fusion

Today started out as a bit of a dissapointment because when I woke up it raining and I didn't think I would be getting anything done. But later on in the afternoon the sun came out, so I ran outside and started cutting away on my case.

Here is the final design I came up with for the top panel.
    [​IMG]

Another shot of the design. (Nothing too special..........yet :) )
    [​IMG]

Well here is the first window that I cut in the top.
    [​IMG]

And the second. And by the way yes, the window in the middle is bigger than the ones on the sides.
    [​IMG]

And finally the third and last window.
    [​IMG]

These are what the windows look like when the masking tape was removed.
    [​IMG]

The cuts turned out relatively clean, now all they need is a bit of filing down and cleaning up and than I can move onto the next step. Stay tuned and see what comes of this new project. :D

5. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

I just don`t like the case front but do something with that and I think it will be nice to mod that case :) :idea:

6. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

I think it looks ok BUT. I would just dremel the black X. Just change it in some way that is what is draining down the front. If all else fails just either make a X thing or just take it off and leave it off.

7. blue_fusion

Dont forget I far from done with this case, I was looking at the black X the other day and thinking to myself "What should I do with this", well right now I have a friend doing some research for me on a quote written in japanese that is going to be painted down the center of the X....so stay tuned.... :D :D :D

8. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

lookin good blue!

9. TMM

TMM Modder

Imo leave the plastic "X" off. Just the Annodised Aluminium on its own is much sexier :D

10. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

nice to see a thermaltake xaser III mod i hope this encourage me to mod my case (same) i want to polish the front aluminium bezel and give it a finish like a mirror...

also im thinking to take off all paint a find some nice metallic blue to painting again...

looking forward to see this project finished :rock:

11. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

cool modding of a premod case

12. blue_fusion

Just to let you all know that is not a plastic "X" on the front bezel, for those of you who arent familiar with this case that "X" is made out of 1/4" thick aluminum...

13. blue_fusion

Well today turned out to be one of the most productive days for me in a long time...I know some of you have been anxiously waiting to see how my case turned out...and with out further a'do here is what I got done...

Lets see...oh yes...I started the day off by disassembling the fan and removing the blade for painting...

[​IMG]

Now its primed.
    [​IMG]

Now its painted...white.
    [​IMG]

Finally, when I was done with the fan it looked like this...(this was before sleeving).
    [​IMG]

After Sleeving.
    [​IMG]

Next I went on to two of the front fan covers.
    [​IMG]

I painted those...white as well.
    [​IMG]

Then I re-installed them.
    [​IMG]

Next I painted some of the mesh that I had left over.
    [​IMG]

This part took me a little while because this was a custom fabrication. I spent almost two hours designing and cutting these fan rails. I made these rails so that I could mount the 120mm fan in the top.

Here is what one of the rails looks like up close.
    [​IMG]

Both of them together.
    [​IMG]

This is what they both looked like when they were mounted on the fan frame.
    [​IMG]

Now this is what they looked like when they were finished being painted.
    [​IMG]

Next, I had found some raised washer type things at the hardware store. (alphonso bistro (sp?) used them on alpha orange) When I saw him use them, I was determined to incorporate them into my design. And here is where I painted them....white.
    [​IMG]

While all that paint was drying I set out to drill the holes in the top of my case that were needed to mount all these things.

Here is a shot of the case with the holes drilled and ready to go.
    [​IMG]

Here is another one.
    [​IMG]

Next was the fun part, putting everything that I have done together and seeing what it looks like. Here I have mounted the wire mesh in the top and had to touch up the paint just a little.
    [​IMG]

Next I began to mount some of the screws and raised washers.
    [​IMG]

Then I installed the fan mounting brackets.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once that was all done, I installed the fan and the finishing hardware and this is what it looks like when it was done.
    [​IMG]

Another one.
    [​IMG]

And one more.
    [​IMG]

And that is what I spent my entire day doing. I think it turned out really good, better than I expected. As of right now I have no plans for anything else, something will probably come to me with in the next couple of days, we will just have to wait and see. If you want to see more pictures of my project, I should be launching a website with tons more pics. As before, if you have any suggestions please pass them onto me and I can see what I can do.

14. leviathan18

in the front bezel you can polish the anodize alu and give it a mirror finish im going to do that with my XASER III (blue too) and i want to put something else where the thermaltake logo is you know my nick i.e. leviathan with and orange leds.

the question i have is less heavy now that you all the top?

15. BrokeEnthusiast

BrokeEnthusiast What's a Dremel?

Ahhhh I use to have one of those cases but black and red. Im glad youre modding it because I hated mine. I paionted the inside candy apple red to match the outsides red metal and the sliding things on the I/O port to be silver and the thing that holds them was black and the HD holders was black. I sold it becasue it was to heavy and big... lol looking good tho

16. Kverna

Kverna What's a Dremel?

I tried that with my xaser III v1000 blue edt. Didn't work. It took forever and the result wasn't pretty. but if you got the time, go ahead. :dremel:

17. leviathan18

what thing didnt work xD ?

18. blue_fusion

Yes the cas is much lighter now, but in a couple of days it will become a lot light...(smiley face here). I was sleeping last night and all of a sudden got an idea and jumped out of bed (it was 4:37am) and started planning it out, Ive been up ever since...hopefully it will work...we will have to see...

19. Kverna

Kverna What's a Dremel?

20. leviathan18

i like that smoke window very nice... but i think we are stealing the thread of blue fusion sorry just get excited cuz somebody is modding the same case i have :D