1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks 8Mb Broadband Available in the UK at £29.99, capped at 500GB!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MrWillyWonka, 6 Apr 2005.

1. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

UKonline specify the router that you have because they need to be able to read info from the router about your line and not all routers allow them to do this so they simplify it and make sure all their customers have a router that gives them this info. As for the 8 mb, BT plan to have MaxDSL fully implemented by around September. A lot of people wont be able get 8mb though, it will be the maximum that your line can support. Trust me, it will happen. If not by September then by early next year.

EDIT: It appears that you don't need to use the router they supply, but they reccomend that you do.

2. WORMAGE

WORMAGE What's a Dremel?

:waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: not available, the possibilites with a 8meg cnnection , i would set about downloading the whole internet , im sure it wouldnt take long :naughty:

3. Submerged..

Submerged.. What's a Dremel?

But Wormage, where would you store all the internet? It's gotta go somewhere... :D

4. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

GRR GIT!!

Sorry! We are unable to supply you with any broadband products at present

:(

http://www.ukonline.net/8000/llu_exchangelist.php

lol, not even on the list
    - S

5. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Well looking at the exchange list i should be able to get it when i move to my new flat, the only consern i have is this router that there offering. If only they provided some information about or even a picture and then i could do the rest :sigh:

One can but hope

6. Reaps

Reaps What's a Dremel?

It's an Actiontec wifi router, one port i think...

I'm signing up tmrw and going to migrate to them from my current provider, my friend is 'recommending' me so i'm getting a month free :D

If anyone else wants a free month, just pm me and i'll let you know the details once i get mine set up.

Oh and i plan on selling the router to recoup the 50quid connection charge ;)

7. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

i'm in ipswich and its not on the list but i'm trying to get a move back to sheffield so when i do guess who plans on signing up :)

8. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

It says Rotherham is enabled and Im just outside Rotherham but cant get it :wallbash: So near!

9. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:waah: :sigh:

10. dashUK

dashUK What's a Dremel?

I'll be signing up to this shortly :D

Oh and BT will only be 768k upload for business users (i.e. 20:1) last I checked, I forget what home users will be getting....

11. Hazerey

Hazerey What's a Dremel?

Anyone wanna free month

Gonna sign up, anyone wanna free month with the referral scheme?

PM me

12. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

Looked good untill I saw this:

Very end of their FAQ. ******s.

_C

13. Fusen

Fusen What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

very decent package and my upload will go up to 55Kb :] I did have abit of trouble at start but ukonline's support was quite good

14. SHAKIRALOVER

SHAKIRALOVER What's a Dremel?

Most here in Hull is 3mbps

15. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

I once pulled something like 35 GB down over a 2Mbs line in about 36 hours.

Be sure to plan for your future bandwith needs, and how big you expect the hard drives in your next box to be.

16. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

How is that possible, I 've just worked out that you can only download about 30GB over a 2meg connection! At a constant rate, 30 is possible.

Just found that my school is having 8meg bb this october, I'll be leaving next month though, I've been stuck with 56Kk for 2 bloody years here! At least I have uni speeds to look forwards to!

17. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

how homosexual is that :grr:

im am seriously considering going with them... but i have been thinking of making a webserver :waah:

18. Reaps

Reaps What's a Dremel?

Use dyndns or something to point to a diff port? Say 81 or 69 or something ;)

Oh and i'm now on UKO 8 meg, getting ~820-840 down and 50ish up....

Can you say 2.8 gig an hour? Usenet has never been so much fun... for reading news of course :p

Edit: oh and my offer still stands for a free month, pm me if you are interested and i'll give you my email address to slap in at signup.

19. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:D we might be changing to the 2mb connection if virgin doesn't get it's act together... they say we can have a free 1mb connection upgrade... the thing is when you try to request it they say try again later since lot's of people are choosing to upgrade for free :eyebrow:
    i don't know anyone who would want to stay with a slower connection, especially as the bandwidth allowance is the same... :rolleyes:

Tags: