1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Ok will this still hold?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bboy_Jon, 11 May 2005.

1. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

OK well my top has handles, and ya it uses 6 rivets but i was only able to get 4 rivets in since i couldnt fit my riveter's head in far enough to get the other 2 rivets, so i used 2 4-40 machine screws and nuts (one on each side) will it still hold all my crap?

its a full tower, a heavy one, all steel yadda yadda

heres a pic

[​IMG]

so ya will it still hold and be strong enough?

2. nick01

nick01 What's a Dremel?

Interesting lines; what do you call it, the "roadkill mod"? :D
    I don't see the handles on the case, but I assume that they stick up so all fasteners are loaded on shear when lifting. No problem there, but if you pull forward on the front handle there may be a problem with leverage.

3. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

i think he got that case from the bottom of a cliff. it should hold for normal carrying, but i wouldnt swing it around by the handles or anything crazy.

4. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya i pull up there at the very top of the case

heres a pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

There's a simple way to figure this out: put everything in it and shake the case by the handles... That's really the only way to be sure, not posting to a forum where no one can test it for you...

Oh, and you pwn at MSPaint! I want your skillz0rz!

6. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

u havent seen the other pic i did since this one guy couldnt understand here it is

[​IMG]

7. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Those are some awesome pictures ;p And I think we have the same monitor too. Yeah, I cant help much, although I know you could do it with pop rivets from the inside out.

8. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

OK. Once again, are you asking if it will hold, or are you asking how to get the last rivet in?

If it's the former, just put everything in it and shake it around a bit (don't be and put the hard drives in when you plan on shaking the **** out of it..)

If it's the latter, there isn't a thing any of us can do, especially with those horrid MSPaint "drawings". Either figure it out yourself, or don't put the rivets in. That simple.

9. iggy

iggy Minimodder

maybe you could use a couple of normal rivets and hammer them in carefully. or use some epoxy weld.

10. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya i could use jb weld, screws would work fine, i forgot i have pop rivets, but i think those would be too big and keep the sdie panel from closing

11. QuinnDexter

QuinnDexter What's a Dremel?

hehehe love that art work there..

you dont happen to be at sea do you? :hip:

12. mingingbollock

mingingbollock Minimodder

A couple of nuts and bolts will hold just as well as the rivets, no worries :D

13. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

I think he said he used nuts and bolts, I may be wrong though. But yeah, nuts and bolts would be fine.

14. Ghlargh

Ghlargh What's a Dremel?

Actually, nuts and bolts made of steel will easily outlast aluminum pop rivets with the same dimentions, no need to rip your head off trying to get the riveter in there, just put in a pair of M3 or 1/8" metal screws and tighten the nuts on good. Use locking nuts if possible.

15. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

gah i wasted my time then, anyways i got rivets in, not completly flush but they fit just fine, (i hope)

16. Liquid Steele

Liquid Steele What's a Dremel?

Bboy Ijust submitted some of your art work to the Chicago Institute of Fine Art and I feel confident they will have something to say to me soon :D :D

Just playing but there was no way I was letting that get by without saying something smart.