1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would you spend money like this?

Discussion in 'General' started by Icecoldbagey, 18 May 2005.

1. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

linky why would anyone pay that amont of money to do that? i mean i know its a good experience and all but that is just obscene :eeek: just noticed it on IWOOT.

Ice

2. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

ouch! expensive, but some people will pay those prices for the experiance of a lifetime... personaly i'd rather pay a few quid and go to wet 'n' wild, but thats just me

3. bbigboy101011

bbigboy101011 What's a Dremel?

teen girl that wants to look for leonardo decprio

4. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

Almost as pointless as this was. Although this i want to do!

5. bengaskell

bengaskell Banned

Anyone remember that X-Prize? Much more interesting to look into. It's been licenced by R Branson (UK, YEAY!) for Virgin Galactic staring in 2007-2008. Around £200,000 to see space. It has offical web site etc and looks amazing when you check out the X Prize videos. Whay better than seeing Titanic, which you could pay £3.00 for 2 nites at Blockbuster. (Yeh, you could see space for the same but hey, Titanic or experience no gravity. It's a no brainer.).

Virgin Galacitic Site

Anyway I've had a few Bud's so hopefully this post makes sence, but do check out the site cos it really is good.

bg

6. advance

advance What's a Dremel?

Save the 2 bucks and DON'T put yourself through the Titanic.

X-Prize however, is fcking amazing, and I envy anyone who gets the chance to up there.
    The sad thing is people that will will probally not enjoy it as much as the people who won't get the chance.

7. bengaskell

bengaskell Banned

Ture. But looking at the videos of someone not paid by a government, just someone ordinary, a member of Earth going into space just to see space give me a warm feeling. Prehaps not in are lifetime (which is sad) but the lifetime of our children or grandchildren will space be a real possibility for 'Joe Bloggs' to venture. Now it may only be me but does this not seem more important than race and religion?

Goining into space as not a nation, but as a unified progress of mankind. I would rather look at this as my generations achievment, instead of talking about 9/11 and George (efin) Bush.

bg

8. advance

advance What's a Dremel?

Although I disagree with your politics (I won't go there) I agree 100% with the other part :)

9. bengaskell

bengaskell Banned

No worries, as a Brit I have a hate/love relationship with the US. Love cheap exports, but not a fan of some political dessisions. Unfortunatly this directly affects the UK and UK residents. Most will say they hate Bush but I don't know really. If we went into space and saw how small our planet is, how could we make a small desicion again? Having said that, I read a quote before: "If we decside not to decisde, did we not just make a decision?"

Basically hopefully if/when we venture to space for real, not just with NASA v Russians v China, then we will see how small some desicions we make down here really are. I'm sick of hate and war, caused by monopoly and religion. I feel I am better than that, why can't mankind?

bg

Edit: Ignore my spelling. Had a few drinks...

10. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I think most sane people would agree with you on that one :D I've yet to find a sane person that likes war or hate or their causes. Personally, I think that organized religion (ie, not just believing in your own way) is the worst thing that ever happened to mankind, seeing as it causes probably 95% of the major problems of the world.

11. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Yeah seems like a waste of money to me aswell. Although the Jet trip the border of Space seems really really cool. It would be a fantastic experience and also a damn cool gift.

If only I was a millionaire....

L

12. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

If I had the Cash, I'd do it.

It all depends on what you know about the Titanic etc, I can only assume that you younger ones only know about the Titanic because of the film.

13. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

A starving child in Africa may ask the same of you/me/all of us here, with regard to how much you/we have spent on PC stuff.

It's all relative to your wealth I suppose.

14. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

'When I win the lottery...' I'd go for the L39, though I don't think our (very) local Aerodrome has a long enough runway....
    EDIT - May I congratulate ICB on starting an interesting thread.

- H.

15. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

agreed, if i had the money, i would for sure love to see it.

16. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

With the extra cash you could just extend the runway :D
    I'm definately taking that flight to the edge of space sometime, just need 10 odd years to get the cash!

17. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Or, just hire your own diving crew and do it yourself :D

18. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Aaaaah dont you just love the Russians,

That was from the MIG25 Space Explorer thing.
    And about the dive to the Titanic, id pay it if i had the money but luckly i might have the chance of doing such a thing in my future career (if i ever pass these damm exams :wallbash: )
    Id pay damm near anything to get into space tho, god i want to go to the moon

19. Cheese

Cheese Doc