1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A net addict ?

Discussion in 'General' started by mUrml, 6 Jun 2005.

1. mUrml

mUrml What's a Dremel?

Let just start off by saying, I'm no person with social related problems :rolleyes:

But lately I have been catching my self in using the internet for everything, ranging from ordering pizzas to paying my bills. And I was then wondering, am I getting TOO addicted to the internet, or do some you experince similar things ??

And lastly is it okay to become so reliant on the internet ?

2. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Your not too addicted. I do the same thing. Internet pwns.

Its ok to be reliant. (i think)

3. SJH

SJH Minimodder

You might not be addicted, but it's possible that you're just lazy ;)

I admit that it is very useful but sometimes it's good to get out of the house and not rely on the internet all the time. It's what I try to do, albeit sometimes unsuccessfully :D

4. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Don't confuse addiction with reliance, flexibility or efficiency. To me the Internet is as important to my daily life as the Telephone, TV, Microwave, Car, Mobile or any other technological advancement.

Anyone who slates people for being reliant on it is no different to those who said the Telephone would never catch on.

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Everyone has gone home for the summer now (Uni) bar a couple of people ( 2 who work and the other is always with his GF) so spend 90% of the day/evening/night on the net, msn, gaming etc. Isnt good, but theres no-one about to do things with :(

The net makes most everyday tasks so much easier to carry out, banking, shopping or whatever. Can do it from the comfort of your own home, and in 1/2 the time, so why not!

6. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

you call that addicted you hav't lived :rock:

when you stay up till 4.00 in the morning knowing you need to be at work for 8.30 and when you came home y9ou get right back on it you come and say your an addict :eeek: :eyebrow:

:worried: :worried:

7. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

Ahem *whistles innocently* :worried: :worried: :worried:

8. Rubes

Rubes What's a Dremel?

Yea, I was like that for a bit :wallbash: I can tell you, it sucks to fall asleep infront of your teachers face. Then I took a holiday and totally got out of it, wasted my current year tho :sigh: stupid me :blah:

9. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Or when you actualy don't sleep at all and spend all night at your computer...done that a few times

10. ZuNe

ZuNe What's a Dremel?

hehehe.

I once played 10 hours solid of CS with a mate. God that was fun :D

I would say aslong as you go outside (yes that place that is outside of your living quarters ;)) then your fine.

In other words. Doing everything on the internet is OK. Aslong as you do do other things aswell, even if that is just going down to the pub. :p

11. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

i'v been house bound for 2-3 days once :hehe: never even walked out the door :worried: :eeek:

12. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

yeah i'v done that all i say is thank god for msn :rock: coz with out it i would be insane.

thanks to all my msn mate from around the world

13. cerberus

cerberus What's a Dremel?

I work funny hours and find that using the internet for paying bills and doing my banking is so much easier this way, I also use the net to keep incontact with friends and family that I wold normally not be able to contact due to them working when im at home and visa versa.

Its not an addiction more a tool to get things done, when time is against you. and i do go outside.

14. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

When I moved not too long ago, my ISP forgot to reactivate my dsl service for a whole month (with many complaints, mind you). That got rid of my addiciton.

15. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

When I worked as a Tech in a LAN Arena, I once worked Friday day, friday all-nighter, saturday all day, saturday all-nighter, sunday all day.

Lets just say anyone that shot me on CS on the Sunday, got punched. Hard!

I ended up winning surprisingly.