1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAAC - FINISHED! webcam-video on last page!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jipa, 5 Jun 2005.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Hi I just caught this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And allready did THIS to it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I'd like to put my 1st computer in it (MSI K8N Diamond etc.) Do you think I'm mad or what? :eyebrow:

Just should had some ideas about the looks before I'll start modding.. The case is quite enormous, about 22 x 55 x 65cm (W x H x D) so there's quite enought room for everything :D I'm not going to use watercooling 'cause I just updated my aircooling by Thermaltake Sonic Tower and Arctic cooling NV-silencer.

Any ideas?

And BTW atm my case is KME's fulltower. Not enought room for me :D It isn't deep enought...

Edit: WTF no pics? Wait a sec :(
    Edit2: now they should work. Changed server..

Last edited: 28 Jul 2005
  2. Jipa

And oh I'll leave tomorrow to Estonia so I won't reply right away. :sigh:

3. Malvolio

Malvolio .

That is such an awesome full tower case. If it's not already, convert it to ATX right NOW! I hate you for life now because you have that case and I don't...

By the way, I absolutely love full tower cases and will never use anything else for my main system...

4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Suprised it didnt kill you when you caught it!!

5. Jipa

Well... It allmost killed my back when I tried to get it upstairs :D Quite thick metal..

6. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond What's a Dremel?

I have the same problem - I have the same case but no idea what to do with it. I was actually considering a top chop or maybe even a conversion so it will be like a very deep shuttle style case, with the mobo on the bottom.

BTW the drive cage is not a standard size (it's for hot swap SCSI and 5.25" with weird rails) bummer...

7. Jipa

I found out that too :'< It just needs some modding ;) I allready have 5,25" and 3,5" cage witch sits nicely in that case..

And oh I allready bondoed frontpanel! It had some holes for SCSI-hdd-light which aren't needed on my comp.. And well.. I bondoed all other holes too :p it'll be all flat.

8. Jipa

And here's pic I just toke.

[​IMG]

Needs quite a bit sanding and then new layer of bondo.. I'll do that after I'll come back home from Estonia. :rock:

9. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

That case appears to be ATX compliant already....lucky for Jipa, he saved a lot of work.
    I too had a love affair with the older server cases...ended up building three (all Gateways).
    The issue that finally soured me on them was the odd proportions...they are very tall, but about 4" short depth-wise. Not a big deal if you are cooling with air, but a real pain when a waterloop is introduced.

10. Jipa

Well actually I don't think that's ATX-compliant. Atleast MoBo and PSU-mountingholes are in wrong places.. I/O-hole and pci-holes maybe are in right position..

11. BlackDiamond

The I/O panel is WAY larger than regular ATX, but in general the PCI slots and the I/O panel are OK for an ATX mobo. As far as the mounting holes, I haven't checked them but I'm pretty sure that they're not in the right place.
    It is an awesome case for a watercooling system - lots of room, but the steel is very thick, cutting it will be a pain in the a$$.

Did I mention that it's heavy :thumb:

12. Jipa

I actually knew it's heavy before u mentioned it ;)

And it's "only" good thing that the steel is thick. Thick metal won't let as much noise throught as not-so-thick-normalcase :) That's true it'll be pain to cut but I dunno if I'll cut anything huge.. :worried:

So far driver-racks have been worst thing :duh: I think I'll just use some spacers with them instead of doing whole new one.

Today I'll anyway leave to estonia so I won't reply nomore... I have accurate measurements on paper so I can plan all week :naughty:

13. Jipa

And one quick update, I just measured and the case weights 16kgs!

It's ridiculously much IMO. 16kg without any hardware in it and many parts removed :D Frame itself with sidepanels weight about 12kgs and diskracks do the last 4kgs.

I caught the case yesterday and I allready respect and love it :)

14. BlackDiamond

BTW don't throw away the parts from the chassis, I found that some of them can be very useful. I used the 120mm fan holder - it allowed me to add a 120mm fan to my main rig. There's also a 92mm fan holder that looks like it can be used for mounting a rad or some more fans.

There may even be some use for that huge PSU - did you look at the specs on it? 75A on the 5V rail :jawdrop:

15. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

Wow very nice full tower!
    I <3 OLD full towers.

Mine is also OLD and heavy as hell!

Cannot wait to see this one modded! ;)

16. Jipa

uuhaah back home. I looked the PSU but it had been on rain so I won't use it.

17. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

rebuild it to have dual 120mm at the front and the other space to 5-2.5 drives

18. MrMacomouto

MrMacomouto What's a Dremel?

I allways wanted to burn a case then put a computer into it, maybe you could forfull my dream!

19. Jipa

What an excellent day! I went out 'cause of my head felt to be exploding.. However I found an old diaprojector and caught few nice parts of it. Best thing is 80A current-meter , other things are some hammerlacked metalpieces :) They look nice :p

20. Jipa

Here's my first idea. It isn't too accurate but gives you something to think about :)

[​IMG]

(upper box = optical drives, lower = 2x92mm fans)

So I'd paint some green waves. Metal-front would be all green (except some details ofcourse) and frontpanel would be maybe white (real white, not fugly beige)

JIPA-text on sidepanel won't be just painted, I have a plan ;)

And oh I wondered If it'd look nice paint removed from now white parts? What do you think? Metal + green (or some other color)? :confused: