1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Modding my room...ideas...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by sum41, 4 Jun 2005.

1. sum41

sum41 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Im thinking of putting UV Cathodes up top and painting my alias (lonegeek) on the wall so it glows...

Get a usb hub and mount it into desk

Thats all i've thought of as of now...any ideas?

2. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

lets see...

1. under desk cable management, thatl help the look a lot.
    2. Clean up.
    3. make or buy some under desk pull out keyboard trays. thatl free up desk space.
    4. try and stealth some of your spare computer stuff under the desk or move it to a closet or another room altogether, thatl look better.

thats all i can think of right now, i figured all those out by looking at whats wrong with my office room, lol.

3. sum41

sum41 What's a Dremel?

well its normal a little cleaner..I have no where else to put computers..which will soon be in full time use again...i plain on turning one into file server , one a smooth wall..and one you cant see into a pc to hook up to tv and stream video..for my sisters room probaly..

Hopefully at a yard sale tommorow me mum will find me like a 13 inch tv that ill put above pc monitors ...I wish there was a way i could have my xbox hooked up to 2 tvs ...like one connection go to desk..one go to tv..on other side of room like 10 feet away...Using only one tv at a time of course...I could use one of those wireless recievers...HMMMMMMMM..

4. sum41

sum41 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Bedtime for me...Hopefully ill get paint tommorow and finish taping.... itll say LONEGEEK..my alias

5. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

Hey! that looks like my bedroom room, Only... your room has less junk. Soooooooooo much less junk. I even have the loft bed.

I suggest shelving.

6. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

1. Couple of TFTs instead of CRTs :p
    2. Under Desk Cable management
    3. Deskmounted Switch / Router / Hub
    4. Small Chest of draws in the middle maybe?
    5. Under desk keyboard things
    6. Lots of cable ties, for the bist where the under desk cable tidy dosent work
    7. Speaker stands, but use a couple of CD racks, not speaker stands, as then you can use them for storage aswell :)

thats it for now :)

7. moddenmania

moddenmania What's a Dremel?

for cable management what i did in my room was i put some little hook things that are screws on the end then are hooks screw those into the bottom of your desk and hook your cables on them :D some tft moniters would be really great if you can afford them you also need a lot of cleaning i think it will turn out great :D

8. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

I'm not going to mention under desk cable management, that's been mentioned like 100 times before already, you know what to do ;)

For the smoothwall and file server, use 2 of the same cases, desktops work best. You can stack them on top of each other, so it looks neater and less cluttered.

Instead of using CRT monitors you could get some (not too expensive) TFT's.

Put a shelve up the wall, so you can put your speakers on top of that and a bunch of CD's as well. Maybe even some computer related books if you will.

Mount a switch or router on the bottom of your desk. This way you will not see it laying around, but it will have the convenience of.... well, just being there :)

If you want to have less monitors used in your room, like the smoothwall and file server one, get a KVM switch for that. This way you will need only 1 keyboard, 1 mouse and just 1 monitor for 2 computer systems. That's quite a space saver as well :thumb:

Mount a retractable shelve under your desk, so you can put your mouse and keyboard on top of that. Even more space saving.

Mount the power junctions boxes on the bottom of your desk as well.

Most important: Clean is good. No clutter on your desk is one of the most important things I can mention. Without the clutter you will not be as easily distracted.

9. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Could get a piece of wood for under your bed to cover up the mattress. A few small nails will hold it in place, give it a quick paint job to match, and your all set. You could even go crazy and install some diffused leds as a simple lighting solution.

10. sum41

sum41 What's a Dremel?

or a bedsheet....

11. MrMacomouto

MrMacomouto What's a Dremel?

FIRE, and lots of it!

1. A vacume cleaner
    2. CABLE MANAGMENT!
    3. Few LED's
    4. CLEAN UP!

12. moddenmania

moddenmania What's a Dremel?

i agree with ReFredzRate a kvm switch would be a great idea and you could even get a four to sixteen port switch

13. mime genocide

mime genocide What's a Dremel?

replace your standerd white light bulb with a uv light.

14. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

Move a bunch of your stuff around, or like me, I just remodled my room and took out my walk in closets wall moved some furniture around and now I still have the same amount of room but it looks like I have more.if you have a bunch of shelvs that are open and you can see wires and such hanging out, get a mini dresser works just as good but covers up all the crap. And paint the walls a brighter color, it will realy affect the size of your room. Also get thin curtanse so you get mroe natural light. Thats all I think of now(thats what I did for my room) and you shoulc be set.

15. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

If you want to give yourself sun burn and toxify the atmosphere... :eyebrow:

Build yourself a desk, or find an appropriate solution; make sure you have the capacity to store everything you have now, and then add to it to account for future additions of media and accessories.

16. jerb111

jerb111 What's a Dremel?

I definatly 2nd the idea of a desk. Take all the Crap you have in the center section (CD's and beverages) and put them away respectivly. Unused computer equipment should be put out of site or sent to me and at least tie wrap the cords in the back together

17. barbz

barbz What's a Dremel?

:duh:
    :eyebrow:

are you guys serius? how can u use those things, regardless of desk space, having to pull out this little trayie thingy to use ur keyboard, besides, is your desk high enough anyway?

18. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

office style chairs are variable height :p

19. sum41

sum41 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Soon...
    1.I will get a kvm switch for 2 crappy pc's
    2.2nd monitor is going out....lcd
    3.Get a better or more acent lights..Like behind monitor
    4. Get cousin over here for cable managment

20. tm36usa