1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITT tech (worth it)

Discussion in 'General' started by Redwolf, 8 Jun 2005.

1. Redwolf

Redwolf Supermodel

I am thinking of attending Itt tech but I have heard alot of bad stuff, for example I have about 5 friends who got a degree from itt and told me that its a waste of time beacuse they don't teach you anything.

the cost for an AS is about $30,000 finacial aid would cover $10,000 so I would have to pay $20,000 so is it worth it? has any one here have attended itt tech that can help me out.

2. nleahcim

nleahcim What's a Dremel?

ITT Tech is more of a joke than anything else. Don't go there thinking you're getting a degree. It may be enough to become a low level tech - but that's about it.

edit: at least that's my general understanding of the place - though I don't go there, nor does anybody that I know.

3. Wesker

Wesker What's a Dremel?

I know alot of people that go there, and I hear good things about it!

4. olv

olv he's so bright

ahhh ITT Tech, the adverts (commercials) for these courses while i was in canada were sooo funny, ahh such a joke. personally based on the adverts i was never have anything to do with them

5. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

30 000$ To go to school? :eek: Wow..
    U will need to work awhile to cover that hole...

I pay like 500$ each year to the school. And about the same on books every year.
    So thats like 3000$.

That is offcours not counting my Studio near school etc.. but we are talking just about school itself...

Damn
    weird

L

6. XUntitled

XUntitled What's a Dremel?

$30,000 is about right for an AS really, thats 15k a year. But ITT tech isn't worth it I don't think. Every time i've ever heard this subject brought up people always say the same thing.. Its not worth it. Your better off just going to regular college. Even if its a tech university or something, it'll do you better then ITT tech.

And if your 5 friends that went there says its junk then that should be all the info you need on them.

7. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

Jeez I wish I only paid $500 a semester. I have no scholarships and with taking 15 hours I pay around $3k each semester plus books, thats not including a room or anything. The UT system slaps so many fees it makes it rediculous.

8. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Damn thats alot of money.
    But my school is "regular" college though.

We do have a few privated university's/colleges that ask upto 15000Euro a year aswell. But thats really only for the Rich. Nobody "normal" goes there. The big bunch of schools are about 500Euro a year. And you can even get a scholarship for that. Wich brings it down to 80Euro or something. And then u still get extra cash for books.

And some "classes" are difficult-jobs. (they need more of them, like mine) and then u get 200Euro each year you graduate, lol.

L

9. relix

relix Minimodder

Hehe, here at the university of Ghent we only pay €504 a year as well (a year, not per semester). No extra fees or anything, just the books, but this year that's not been more than €75 a semester.

Belgium roxorz yur boxorz when it's about education!

10. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I went and it's been one of the biggest mistakes ever. 3 years after I graduated and I'm still stuck working dead end helpdesk ****. 30k, so not worth it :sigh:

And btw. the credits are not transferable. So, if you decide to go there despite all the bad you're hearing, find out it wasn't worth it and want to go to a real school, your time at ITT will have meant nothing.