1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just been billed $20 from "nameplanet holding" on my CC. Need help...

Discussion in 'General' started by mushky, 8 Jun 2005.

1. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I have just been billed $20 on my credit card for something that I dont want. I think this is from back when someone on the forums pointed out that you could get a free .info domain but you had to put your Credit card details in. I think the free 2 years or something has expired and now I'm getting billed. I thuoght I had cancelled it but maybe not. I don't use the domain at all.

How can I find out how to cancel it so I don't get billed again? I can't find anything on "nameplanet holding"

Please help... :wallbash:

-- the domain is monkeyspank.info if that helps.

2. Arien

Arien What's a Dremel?

do a WHOIS on the domain? Will tell you the registrar

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I actually tried that and I just get a blank screen underneath the "Key Word Search Results" :confused: Could you try for me?

4. Arien

Arien What's a Dremel?

Sent you a PM with the WHOIS in (as it has addresses) :)

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Thanks mate. IF they have billed me for this, it's a bit soon because it doesn't need renewing until september.

hmm. This sucks.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Object lesson. Never give your credit card details to an unknown internet company with no physical address. Especially for "free stuff".

7. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Aye. There was a few of us from here that did it it response to a thread, possibly in the bargain bin.

Well, I found the company that were giving the free domain sites. I have checked my account and there is nowhere to edit your card details. What's more, the domain isn't even up for renewal until september.

I have contacted my bank who are sending out a form. Their security is so lax and I bet I don't even get my money back.