1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project : Lupine **CPU Mad Reader Mod Dec. 05**

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Tech-Daddy, 3 Jun 2005.

1. jtaing858

jtaing858 What's a Dremel?

nice color that u painted on the power button etc

2. Draeth1

Draeth1 What's a Dremel?

No problem, always keeping an eye out for things to suggest.

3. BShep26

BShep26 What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately it is going to be about a month before I get mine started. Finishing up a work area in my garage that extra money is going to now. Just built a workbench and am going to be picking up a drill press and Compound Mitre Saw in the next couple of weeks. Plus, I still have to come up with a color and make a decision on the stencil for my window. The wolf is one of only about 8 ideas right now :D .

It is hard making a decision on what I want.

By the way, is that paint a Krylon or Duplicolor that you used on the buttons? I have been trying to find a metallic blue, but the only one I found didn't seem very metallic on the test piece I had.

Keep up the awesome work.

Edit: Never mind re-read and saw it is a Krylon. Where did you get it at? My test color was a Rustoleum, and not very metallic.

4. Vazzini42

Vazzini42 What's a Dremel?

good color choice, looks nice so far (i'm sure it will be great once you get a bit further) :D

just a side note, if you are planning on purple lighting they are really hard to find with limited selections for fans and such but look sweet as hell. :rock:

Vazz

5. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

Damn man I love that purple color it looks fawking awesome. If it looks that good in the pic I can`t imagine how good it looks in person.

6. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

It is Krylon X-Metals, but I know for a fact that Duplicolor sells the Metalcast in Blue (click my finished rig in my sig... Blu-V), and you can get the same results using that paint (likely better since I was rushed on that application!). Krylon also comes in Blue/Green/Red/Purple/Yellow, but I have not seen all of those colors, nor have I readily seen the base coat.

2 places I have found my paints at readily have been Wal-Mart, back in their automotive polish section (waxes and stuff.). You can get some good body equipment there! They usually have a good selection of 3M sanding materials, BONDO, primers, etc. Check them out. Also check out Autozone or Orielly auto parts. They seem to almost always have a good supply of the cans when I need them.

Ive already purchased a matched pair of Coolermaster purple LED cans, one 120mm and the other 80mm. Yeah, purple fans are hard to find, totally agree there. I also just took delivery of a dual set of CCFL's in purple (not UV), just in case I need some accent lighting. :thumb:
    PS: This Vazz from the Quakecon board? :D :naughty: Good to see ya bud! Thanks for stopping in!

Pictures really do not capture it. It is a wonderful, deep color. I could have wished for a little bit more transparent (as I was hoping the text would stay more readable than it is....) but you can't have everything! ;)

Thanks for the replies folks! I'm out to do some more painting tonight! Going to get the side trim pieces done, and try to mask off the front case so that I can paint that Centurion logo on the front of the bezel. (It is glued in there something fierce, I want it to stay and be a part of the case front, but I certainly dont want to remove that piece. It has such an excellent bond... I doubt I could reproduce it as well as they have.)

:dremel:

Last edited: 9 Jun 2005
  7. BShep26

BShep26 What's a Dremel?

DOH! I haven't even thought about Wal-mart! They carry everything.

I have checked 3 AutoZones and 2 Advanced Auto Parts around my house and every single one of them is out of Metallic Blue. Everyone must be re-painting there cars metallic. Pretty much the only other blue they carry is this god-forsaken powder baby blue. However they did have all the wet/dry paper I needed.

8. Tech-Daddy

quick update on the progress folks...

The last piece is drying tonight for the front panel, but it is the logo piece, so here is the front of the Centurion5:

Before:
    [​IMG]

And after:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Aug 2008
  9. dubya01

dubya01 What's a Dremel?

Very very secksie

10. Wesker

Wesker What's a Dremel?

So what do you plan to do with that spot where the logo was?

11. Tech-Daddy

The logo is sprayed the same color as the other alu trimmed pieces... ie: it will be purple.
    It just was not dry when I took these pics!
    ;)

12. Cowinacape

Cowinacape What's a Dremel?

Love the purple! Just don't let me better half see this or she is going to want one too :) Good job!

13. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Perrrrrty. Keep it up.

14. omicron

omicron Baud.

It is truly teh secks.

I'm subscribed - I like the centurion 5 ( though never seem to be able to get round to using it o_O; ), love wolves and love your colours. Keep us posted. :thumb:

15. Tech-Daddy

I'm ordering up the clear arylic, and I have some friends of mine that are far superior graphic artists than I, cleaning up the images and getting them ready for the laser etching..
    WOOT!!!
    ;)

16. omicron

omicron Baud.

Arg, stop teasing us ;x. Can't wait to see the results.

17. kLLr

kLLr What's a Dremel?

I'm Loving It (© Mac Donalds, all rights reserved) :hehe: :D

Can't wait to see that front on the pc

18. matrixops

matrixops What's a Dremel?

Tech Daddy,
    Again with the excellent color choices and paint skills.

That case is definitely a blank canvas begging to be modded.

I want to keep an eye on this one.

MatrixOps

19. 2800@2.5ghz

2800@2.5ghz What's a Dremel?

very good choice of colour there, thats an awesomw purple

looking forward to some more updates.

*subscribed*

20. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Hey tech,

been following your work a bit, and really like some of the designs you've come up with. One question that should be asked in an old thread, but I don't want to bring back to the top of the pile: You use these duplicolor metal paints for the anodized look...what are you doing with the "metal flakes"? You talk about them in your painting of both blinggreen and blue-v. And now having used both, do you like Kryon or Duplicolor better?