1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project - Dragster - Stage 1 Mod Completed - *6-08-05* **Lots of Pics**

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TiTON, 6 Apr 2005.

1. TiTON

TiTON IRONMODS

Stage 1 Mod Completed

Hey BT'ers,

Well.. Stage 1 Mod is now completed. There is a case mod contest that I wanted to enter, so i had to get my case to umm.. resemble a function computer :)

It just happens that this is literally the half way point for my case.

There are going to be some REALLLY cool stuff in stage two, so please be sure to stick around. As we speak stage 2 mod progress in underway.

So with no further delay, here is the progress that takes the computer case to the completion of Stage 1.

A friend in another forum was kind enough to provide me with a little bit of plexi glass:

[​IMG]

The plexi w/ the clear film, is almost 4 feet tall. I only need the plexi w/ the blue covering for my case. So I seem to have enough plexi to last me a while :)

Here is a picture of the plexi being marked for triming:

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of the side panels getting primered:

[​IMG]

As for the paint, the I had a techincal mishap w/ the paint I wanted to use. With the mod contest being only 2 days away at that point, I had to go to the local store and pick up some rattle can paint.

I wanted the color to be a bit different, and since time was running low, I wouldn't have time to create a mirror finish.

So I decided to go w/ a textured spray paint called Hammered Copper. It actuually turned out pretty nice. Sadly, this paint will have to be sanded off in a 2 weeks, for the REAL paint to be applied.

[​IMG]

With the paint done, it was time to put everything back together and get the pc running.

The color scheme is off, but it will be corrected by the completion of Stage 2 Mod.

So here are some pics of the case in its final state at the end of my Stage 1 Mod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, comments and feed back are always greatly appreciated.

Look for Stage 2 progress update in 1-2 weeks. :)

SAD

2. arkadur

arkadur What's a Dremel?

damm
    its look good!
    keep up the good work!

3. BIOHAZART.RU

BIOHAZART.RU What's a Dremel?

very-very-very good =)
    But would you paint sidepanel?

4. pc-modd.dk

pc-modd.dk What's a Dremel?

total nice

5. TiTON

TiTON IRONMODS

Thanks for the compliments.

As for the side panels, I will be repainting it in my Stage 2 mod. So if I have time this weekend, I will start to sand the paint off, and primer it again.

The hardest part on Stage 2 is to really have a nice color scheme. I'm looking at either a Red or Orange scheme. So that means the "BLUE" pump will have to be painted, and I will also have to change coolant to a differnet color.

We will see how things progresses.

SAD

6. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

7. BIOHAZART.RU

BIOHAZART.RU What's a Dremel?

Waiting for an Update :hip:

8. HunterMod

HunterMod What's a Dremel?

luv what you did with that case...i also have centurioun5...

9. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I just love that tribal on top of your case.

10. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

One thing that I think would bring up the case even more, would be to put some color on the flor section instead of grey.
    You could easly do it by put a plexi-colored peace or just pant the flor of some sort..

:thumb:

11. TiTON

TiTON IRONMODS

Razor_Cut - thanks for the suggestions. I know the interior is FUGLY :) Actually I have something planned out for the frame. It will be taking shape in Stage 2, so keep you eyes out for it.

SAD

12. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

Sad is it 1/2" or 3/8" ID tygon you are using?

13. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Way to big to be 3/8", got to be 1/2". If it turns out to be 3/8" its the biggest stuff i've seen.

Keep up the sweet work. Cant wait for Stage 2

14. TiTON

TiTON IRONMODS

Yup.. it's 1/2 ID x 3/4" OD. Actually i'm beign bad.. that isn't tygon. its some regular tubing. The tygon I oringally had was a bit dirty, so I didn' thave time to clean it. The tubing i'm using in stage 1 is just temporary.

I didn't have time to get Tygon delivered to me for stage one. But by Stage 2, it will all be Tygon. From what I understand, I believe the Tygon are 1/2 ID by 5/8 OD.

Stage 2 is hitting a few road blocks right now from RL. But stay tune, more updates to come :)

SAD