1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Modding Ideas for my Case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by lcdguy, 10 Jun 2005.

1. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

any ideas for this case.

I have decided to mod my current case, and aside from the normal stuff like windows and lighting. IS ther anything else you could think of.

My current case.

About 30 inches high including the castors. about 6 inches wide and has a door that covers all 10 drive bays. It's currently black. These are the parts i would like to show off in some way.

Thermlright XP90 Cooler (nickel plated), OCZ Powerstream PSU an other stuff i can't remember.

This tower was orignally designed for a sever so it has space if done correctly for up to 2 PSU

Current System Specs.

A64 3000+ (New Castle)
    MSI K8N Neo Plat
    512mb Corsair XMS C2 Black HS
    Plextor PX716A DVDRW
    LG 4040B DVDRW (for DVD-RAM Support)
    LIS 2 Premium
    36GB Raptor SATA
    200GB Segate SATA
    160GB RAID 1 (80gb WDx2)
    Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Antec HD Cooler
    2x120mm Fan
    1x80mm Fan

I would like to try and keep the mod under 120 Bucks Canadian, tools are not a problem, my bros a carpenter. and i have some plexy left over from my last project.

I just got an awesome idea, i am thjinking about going out to some used parts store, and picking up a surplus 15" LCd monitor and rigging it to my videocard as a secondary monitor for lanparties and such or perhaps just putting a PSone display in the door :)

Last edited: 10 Jun 2005
  2. blue_fusion

blue_fusion What's a Dremel?

Mods are supposed to be an "extension" of yourself, so just sit back, think about what your favorite stuff, movie, comic book character is and then just go from there.

3. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

so true. I can't wait to get started on this :)

4. sirbogey

sirbogey What's a Dremel?

couldn't agree more. If you are looking for something really out of this place than make a case which you can hang on the wall, resembling a mirror that lights up when you hit the turn on button. that's what I'm working on. it took me months to come up with some ideas.

5. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

something i plan on doing in my case with in the next month is ducting my heatsink and PSU and then new freespace fan mounts (lots of changes to bezel) then when i get my wc gear ill be mouting the rad, and res so there will be lots more work there.

6. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder