1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

future of weapons systems ?

Discussion in 'General' started by P2D, 13 Jun 2005.

1. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

2. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

looks pretty impressive but looks like someone off a informecial shopping channel or whatever you call it lol, buy one get one free! offer never seen before technology...etc lol

anyway if this is true and they keep developing it then that's cool because it looks impressive...however I'm slight unsure if all of the stats are real, no recoil, no gunpowder, no heat signature, no flash, hows that possible by a mechanical kind of thing. Spilling out bullets up to 100,000 rounds or 10k rounds a minute !??!?!?!! ... crazy. :jawdrop:

3. dagamore

dagamore What's a Dremel?

while its a cool idea, it will generate heat, because it is just a magnetic gun, i.e. a rail gun, but it uses a round or centrafugal rail vs a straight rail like is normal. It should not have a flash because there is no powerder burning outside the chamber (mostly because there is not powder) but there will be sound, and recoil unless they have found a way to ignore some of Newtons laws (i.e. ever action has = opposite reaction (i.e. recoil)) and there will be sounds even if it is just the projectiles braking the sound barrier and if you dont know thats alot of the sound from rifle reports is the 168grain projectile (as in a 308 winchester) braking the sound barrier. they has to be heat because of the current running through it to propell the rounds will generate heat, granted it might be massivly less (say 1/10th or less) of a normal support weapon and i did not see if the supplied a tracer system with it, that is needed to direct air support, one of the main reasons that SAW/SAR's and other machineguns use tracers.

4. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

By the looks of that thing, the reload time on it will be terrible because spinning up projectiles large enough for armour piercing or even anti-personel levels will require both large amounts of power and time. The prototype also looks like it's spitting out rice sized grains in a shotgun type pattern, very different to the presentation, which by the way, looks like it was made 10 years ago by a kid with an early flash program :p