1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASRock + older P4 ???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KNova, 16 Jun 2005.

1. KNova

KNova What's a Dremel?

Hi!!

pls help me a little!! I have got an ASRock P4I45GV mobo and a P4 1,5/256/400 cpu...they have booted up correctly but who knows..... :hip:
    what do you think ??? it would be for a server so i need stabil system !!! will it work ?

2. Austin

Austin Minimodder

:confused: Well P4 1.5ghz 256K 400FSB was one of the very first P4 so should in theory be supported by any P4 chipset capable of supporting the old 400FSB. There are at least 5 revisions of that mobo so ideally you'd want to know which one you're dealing with (it's usually written on the mobo near the PCI slots). The rev5 supports NorthWood and Prescott while rev3 makes no mention of either so may just support the old Williamette (which is what your CPU is AFAIK). These mobos do 400FSB and 533FSB using the Intel i845GV chipset. If you want maximum stability I'd advise using the latest BIOS. If you want more perf and cooler running I would suggest switching to NorthWood, at 1.5ghz the Willy wasn't really any faster than an Athlon or PIII @1.2ghz even when it used expensive Rdram (and yours uses slow DDR RAM).

;) Test your stability by running things like Prime95's Torture Test, Hot CPU Tester Lite, Rightmark Memory Analyzer, MemTest 86+, WinRAR, SuperPi, Seti or 3Dmark2001.

3. KNova

KNova What's a Dremel?

ohhh...thx! the mobo is rev5! the boot was ok it recognised on 1,5 GHz and everything was ok!!! is this means ok?? :confused: the performance is ok it will be in a lettle server!

by

4. KNova

KNova What's a Dremel?

i forgat!!! if the cpu isn't good for it it wouldn't boot anything?? is it correct ?

5. Austin

Austin Minimodder

:hip: If the CPU isn't properly supported it would usually either fail to POST or simply be unstable, usually very noticably unstable. Still if stability is an important factor it makes sense to throw a few stability benchmarks at it just to make certain.

6. KNova

KNova What's a Dremel?

Hi!

I'm just trying to install a full OS for testing!! thx for the help!!it just started the installing on the hardd so i think it will be ok?! :idea:

7. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

It should be ok, but the only way to find out for sure is to run stability benchmarks once you got windows installed. Sisoft Sandra has a CPU tester.

8. KNova

KNova What's a Dremel?

It's really ok!! i used CPUStability Test with all test ON !!! how can i del this thread? i dont want +trash in the forum....