1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Sli 'n' Shiny Wavemaster

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by coolmiester, 16 Feb 2005.

1. PretendR

PretendR What's a Dremel?

you could have placed the buttons on top of the case. thats always looks great.
    but still a great mod!

2. Jock

Jock Banned

Coolmiester.... You had any probs with that Enermax SLi PSU? (Seperate 12v rails my arse!) I've heard that Enermax are in the sh*t for advertising the seperate 12v rails, as well as 'illegal' use of the nVidia SLi logo on the PSU box.

I just changed mine to a 650w Silverstone SLI PSU :D

3. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

still there coolermiester? long time no update. something wrong? realy looking forward to seeing this all shined up and done :thumb:

4. -Erik-

-Erik- Guest

Damn, green is always been my favorite color. Nice work on the dangerden blocks coz its looking sweet.

Also your polished case is looking mighty sweet, ill bet that took you quite some time to finish :rock:

5. ginx

ginx What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: WOW! This is the sexiest CM I have ever seen. I would be afraid of getting it dirty just opening the CD ROM, wouldn't want to leave my fingerprints on it, lol. Incredible work man, keep it up.

6. Drackhon

Drackhon What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: !!!WOW!!This is one fo the most beautifull MOD i´ve ever seen, the polish work is incredible, I love it, if you could help with my project, also chromed, I´ll be :D :D !!! :naughty: !!!

This is my MSN: Drackhon@gmail.com

Y wait to you!!! :dremel:

Drackhon!!! :dremel:

7. bernmeister

bernmeister What's a Dremel?

Awesome

I always imagined polishing a case to what you have done. This is an awesome mod and keep up the good work.

8. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

Nice N' Shiny :eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

9. BagUd

BagUd What's a Dremel?

when will we get the next coolermaster....

jk... or am i ? :blah:

in any case or cases.... :hehe: nice and shiny !!!!

10. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Hey thanks everyone for the massive support :clap:

Sorry for the lack updates but things have been massive round here lately so my apologies!

The only update i can give is that i took (3 weeks ago but never got the chance to pick em up) some of the Heatkiller and WaterCool grills to get chromed but it turns out the both of them being stainless steel don't take well to being chromed due to the high content of something (can't remember what the guy said now) in stainless steel :duh:

Back to the drawing board................i eventually got round to having some grills made from scratch which should be here middle of next week.

Again cheers for the support and i promise to keep posting :clap:

as you can see the chroming process didn't take well to stainless steel
    [​IMG]

11. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

thats a darn shame :waah:

12. Redwolf

Redwolf Supermodel

yep it was looking great.

13. Machine

Machine What's a Dremel?

that aluminium pint looks great, can you give us a little more info?, i cant find any good aluminium or "chrome like" pint anyware, just crapy ones :sigh:

thx.

14. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

was wondering what the deal was... did you end up getting charged for you gold plated grills? also can you give us a shot in the dark about how much chroming cost?

15. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

The grill me be able to be nickel plated with a better result than the chrome. IIRC people have nickel plated steel chasis on cases with no problems :D

16. mikehotel

mikehotel What's a Dremel?

I saw a TV show about chroming, so take this for what it's worth, however, the step before the chrome is applied is a layer of nickel so that may not work

17. pc-modd.dk

pc-modd.dk What's a Dremel?

Nice :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :clap:

are u using hose clamps in plastic ?

18. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

The picture above shows the first process of chrome plating which is to nickel plate as mikehotel pointed out

If the nickel plate doesn't take (which it didn't in this case) its pointless moving onto the next stage.

The nickel plating process can be reversed which has been done back to the bear metal on the dozen grills i had done.

I've had more grills laser cut in stainless which will be etched with the logo and mild steel which have the logo cut out and will go on to be chromed (Wind Jammer) and should be here middle of next week so update to follow.

@ Raymus - think it was around £40 for 12 grills.........they tend to charge by the batch which was 10 to 12 grills in this case. There was no charge at all for the ones that didn't work but no doubt he'll make it up on the new ones!

@ pc-modd.dk - Yes.......nylon (plastic) hose clamps :thumb:

19. ebola_one

ebola_one What's a Dremel?

How about an update?

20. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

i dont think there will be one as it was fiished a while ago mate

Phil