1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Cable brading and molex replacement

Discussion in 'Modding' started by GiGo, 19 Jun 2005.

1. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Well got some nice UV reactive sleeving, heatshrink and molex, and oops, I wired the molex back to front! So I have two dead DVD-RW (should be able to get them replaced on RMA) and a dea SCSI 5 Disc multichanger :( oh well the multidisk dind'nt cost me much, 25 on ebay a few years ago!

You live and learn, coul.d of been worse might of taken everything else out! That could of been expensive!

2. omicron

omicron Baud.

Oops. I just sleeved a few loose cables in my shuttle and luckily realised that one of the molexes was rewired back to front at the last minute, heh. Cause they were all extension cables, ie. they had two male plugs and one female, I was able just to check the polarity with its opposite and put the cables back in the right way.

Unlucky..Hope you manage to fix everything.

3. Brew

Brew What's a Dremel?

Yeah RMA those babies that YOU destroyed, make it cost more for everyone.

4. Ghlargh

Ghlargh What's a Dremel?

That's why i allways use an extension, other power supply or other correctly color coded wire set to check that i get all colors right when i do stuff like that.

easiest is to use a Y-extension or similar and just jack it onto every wire, then you are 100% sure you didn't wire it upside down since it only fits one way.

5. jackjr

jackjr What's a Dremel?

Yep, I just saw that movie a couple weeks ago.. Unfortunately for me, I lost a pair of 160 GB hard drives in the process. One of them has been replaced by Seagate (I now <3 Seagate) and the other is waiting on a replacement controller board from WD. What a sucky day it was..