1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Fan Controller '?'-AeroCool Gatewatch

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RegularChaos, 22 Jun 2005.

1. RegularChaos

RegularChaos What's a Dremel?

I was thinking of getting a AeroCool GateWatch-SV Silver GateWatch with LCD display (newegg link).

Has anyone used one and how well does it work, im using a four knob nexus to control 2x 120's, 3x 80's right now and im thinking of selling that one and getting the fancier one :D .

My specs (if it matters):
    Lian Li PC60 (diagonal sides on face plate)
    Epox 8RDA+
    AMD 2500+ Barton
    Saphire Radeon 9800pro
    1gig of ram
    DvD-RW
    CD-RW
    Seagate 120G
    Maxtor 80G

Thanks guys.

2. Petor

Petor What's a Dremel?

i own an aerocool, all i can say its is pretty damn awesome.

i love mine. the only issue is that when you initallly turn your system on it take about 5 secs for the speeds you have set to kick in, BUT it shows you how well of a job its doing when it kickes in :D

and lets face it, it looks awesome, its easy to use. and does a fantastic job

go for it i say :) :rock:

Last edited: 22 Jun 2005
  3. Petor

Petor What's a Dremel?

but my one is black :D

4. RegularChaos

RegularChaos What's a Dremel?

thanks petor. yea im really leaning towards it, kuz i think ti would make my system look sweet. but i love the blue lights from the nexus. hopefully after selling my computer **** at my garage sale i will have enough money for that and new fan that mysteriously broke. the blade cracked while it was running one day, i have no idea how.

One more question, for this thing to work, all fans need to be temp controlled right? and do u set a temp and it runs them to get to that temp or is there a way to set it so they always run quiet? kuz im not to picky about temps but i like to keep the noise down.

5. theurgy

theurgy What's a Dremel?

It does that to ensure that the fans have started, most fans have a higher startup voltage than capable running voltage.
    Therefore the controller is simply ensuring that the fans have started before lowering them to any voltage.