1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V £250 pair of monitors(the audio kind)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamsand, 13 Dec 2012.

1. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Right I'm after some studio monitors got a 200 budget that I'll stretch to 250 if need be. Previously owned some m-audio bx 8's that were just too damn big in the end, this time I'm going less lets get the biggest one and more lets get the one that suits my needs the most. The monitors of choice...krk rp5's they look stunning and apparently they perform fantastically for they're price. Talked to some people that say i should get them over the bx5's which i was originally going to get.

SO! krk rp5 g2's or is there soemting else i should look at it,s for recording and produce guitar tracks btw and also for gaming so the extra bass in the rp5's over the bx5's is appreciated.

thanks for the help

2. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

I have the krk rp6

They are very good

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I've been very pleased with Tannoy Reveal Actives, a very good all rounder IMO, and not short on bass.

The equivalent in the current Tannoy line-up would be the 601A, and though I can't comment on how similar or not they are, they look to be very close on the spec sheet.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2012
  4. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

So this was actually for two people myself and my friend

I'll be getting the krk rp5's and he's getting yamaha hs50m's...he likes the accuracy where as i use mine mainly for listening

5. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

KRK rockit or Behringer 2030/2031 series monitors are the best in that price range.