1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice £600-£700 Gaming build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hixxy, 16 May 2014.

1. Hixxy

Hixxy What's a Dremel?

Budget: £600-£700
    Main uses of intended build: Gaming
    Parts required: Motherboard, CPU, Graphics card, OEM, SSD, Case, CPU cooler
    Previous build information (list details of parts): Not really that much to say I'm just keeping my 1TB hdd and my monitor.
    Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
    Storage requirements: Want an SSD
    Will you be overclocking: yes/no (delete as required) yes if the budget allows.
    Any motherboard requirements (no. of USB, Xfire/SLI, fan headers): None
    Extra information about desired system: I have put together part of a build from the cheapest places I have found I was just looking for some input on the missing parts of possible please. The last build I have is about 5 years old now and really needs upgrading haha!

This is my build at the moment :

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3L94i

Note that that build includes a Corsair H75 cooler with the mobo, I have 8GB ram, 1TB HD

Cheers in advance

2. Hixxy

Hixxy What's a Dremel?

No replies so far so I have managed to put a build together.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3Mgrl

Its a bit over what I wanted to originally spend, so does anyone have any suggestions for changes I could make to reduce the price down maybe £100.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

You could get a cheaper mobo and cheaper case which would save the cash. Id also question the point of 2133 memory as its basically not worth it. Its good for multi gpu builds and the like but not worth the extra over 1600mhz build

3 easy places to save cash.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Personally I'd get a decent air cooler which would shave about £40 off your expense, and then follow rollo's advice on the ram and possibly on the case. To me the mobo is fine.

5. crazymo

crazymo What's a Dremel?

I have several components of the build which runs very nicely with air cooling
    The enermax case is really cool and would save you a few quid