1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 » Downloading purchased PSN content to a PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by thatfoneguy, 17 Oct 2009.

1. thatfoneguy

thatfoneguy What's a Dremel?

Hi all,
    Need your help with a PS3 situation I’m in, and was hoping some friendly person in this forum might know of a solution or potential work around.

I recently purchased the new slim PS3, and it works fine. I don’t have a broadband or wireless internet connection at home the moment, however have managed to successfully connect my PS3 online by using my laptop, a dismally slow last resort phone-as-a-modem connection, and an Ethernet cable plugged into the PS3.

I connected to the PSN and decided to purchase a game ad-on, and successfully purchased it. However after purchasing it I only now realise that the content is 800MB in size... and if I start downloading that purchased content now using my wittle phone-as-a-modem, maybe it’ll be completed by Christmas.

So, is there a way I can download purchased PSN content on to my PC or laptop (using a faster internet connection elsewhere… not the phone-as-a-modem at home) , then transfer the content to the PS3 using a USB drive?

Hoping there might be, as I’ve download both a PS3 System update and PS3 themes on my computer using a high speed LAN internet connection, then transferred and installed them to my PS3 using a USB Flash drive.. Surely I can do the same with purchased PSN content?

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers. :thumb:
    AC

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I don't believe there is but you could try Sonys PSN software for PSP, 800Mb doesn't take too long on a 3g connection, you can bacground download it too so you can pause and resume the download any day you like.

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Sony's Media Go which is the PC software used to access the PSN store only alows you to see PSP stuff to donwload. You can not download any PS3 content using a PC.

You can only donwload PS3 content from the PS3 itself.

PS3 content usually has a 5 machine download, which means that the PS3 must be conected to the PS3 store so that it can log your machine as one download. Therefore if you use your PSN account on another machine, it must also conect to the PSN to log as a second machine. If you do it via a PC then it cant log how many different machines you have downloaded it on. They only allow PSP downloads on PC because you got to plug your PSP into your PC to register it. Therefore it can log your machine and know when you have used 5 PSP's.