1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

××× Project: H.A.B.T.T. ××× Jan.3rd

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by blackacidevil, 29 Sep 2004.

1. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Even the picture hurts eyes, if you look at it for long.

Last edited: 23 Nov 2004
  2. Betomorpheius

Betomorpheius What's a Dremel?

Very creative

I like the idea of having the monitor in the tower casing and to take that idea even further, you could put a flat panel monitor on one side face and your friend's monitor on a different face. If you leave the tower in the corner of the room, you could set up an L shaped desk around it that can be used as a two user workstation.

3. ZeroX

ZeroX What's a Dremel?

REALY COOL MOD !!!

you got goint here!! :D

keep it up :rock: :rock:

4. Enemy_down494

Enemy_down494 What's a Dremel?

cant wait to see this finsihed, it will rock!!!!!!!

5. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

This sorta struck me as bizarre but I'm interested to see it.

6. blackacidevil

blackacidevil What's a Dremel?

Cutting the main window tonight, and more stuff on the weekend. Watch for an update Sunday.

7. blackacidevil

I apologize for a lack of updates.
    #1 reason: I got HL2 the weekend I planned to do work. No work got done. You understand.
    #2 I work retail. It's Xmas season. 'Nuff said.

Please be patient. Thanx.

8. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

i'm watchin this closely

i like the idea

9. Groovedude

Groovedude Minimodder

WOW that is one huge case.. jeeze :jawdrop:

10. Feline

Feline What's a Dremel?

I actually think this is a great mod! Not only does it look cool (and have a lot of potential), it actually serves a purpose (making more space.) I think having one or two powerstrips (or maybe even UPS's) in the bottom would be a great idea. Built-in cable management!

My suggestion for the empty space? Mini-fridge (actually, that brings to mind an interesting watercooling setup you could put in this thing.)

11. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Interesting watercooling? Which one do you mean:
    a) Use the fridge to cool the water,
    b) Use the fridges cooling system to cool the case down?

12. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

wow! that things going to need its own area code! that might be expensive...

13. blackacidevil

*sigh*
    Where do I begin...
    It was Christmas Eve. The snow was falling outside. I was inside. Engaged in CQC. As an Allied field ops. With an Axis medic. In the Siwa Oasis....

When my monitor went into sleep mode. WTF? i thought. Shut the computer off. Rebooted. Monitor still didnt turn on. Unplugged the monitor. "Check Signal Cable" flashes on the screen. Turned off the PC. Yanked the graphics card. Put it back in. Turned on the comp. Still no effect. Bought a new video card. Installed that. Nothing. Took the Dell to the local PC repair shop. Called me back 2 hours later telling me that they cant do anything to test it properly since Dell uses all proprietary technology and they have nothing compatible to test it against. Labour cost nothing, since they felt bad for me.

Called Dell tech support. Tried every suggestion they gave me. No effect. Bought a brand new harddrive. Tried re-installing XP. Same result. Asked them for a number for a local shop with a Dell-authorized technician. Told me no such place existed anywhere in the world. I told them thanks for all the help but a baseball bat will be my last solution.

Got another Dell on loan from family. Had no OS and the only one it would let me load was WinME. Gates should be castrated for producing such crap. IMO, 3.1 is better.
    Oh but wait, I cant get on the internet because there are no drivers for the NIC card installed. There are no drivers for the 56k modem installed. I cant even get on the web with dialup.
    It's off to BestBuy with my $100 gift card to purchase a cheap modem so i can download drivers for the NIC card so I can get on my DSL again.

So if you're reading this, I'm back on the web again.

The only good things to come out of this huge problem is:
    #1 I'm having more sex.
    #2 I actually got more work done on my case.

Front Window

[​IMG]

Mounting placement for Control Panel

[​IMG]

The 2 small square holes are for accomodating the length of the 2 main power switches. The larger cut is for all the wires.

Control Panel Mounted

[​IMG]

Well not exactly mounted. Just for show. The bolts I have are not long enough to actually mount it. Have to buy some longer ones.

Optical Drive Mounting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cut 3mm wide slits for mounting the optical drives. This allows me to slide the drives back or forth so when I stealth them, the covers can be put flush with the outside of the case. I'm a genius.
    At photo time. I only cut slits for one, as you can see, but there will be 2 drives mounted. And then another set of 2 drives on the other side of the case.
    And yes, I smoke near the computer, as you can see on the DVD's front plate.

14. Lukethegreat

Lukethegreat What's a Dremel?

It's looking good, wouldnt want to bring this to any lans.
    And why are you having more sex now?? im confused :confused:

15. Zero_Distortion

Zero_Distortion What's a Dremel?

something Im sure you already thought of, model it after a skyscraper

16. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

luke, it's best not to ask another man why he's having more sex. Asking for secrets on making a relationship better to have more sex on the other hand :D . Let's just drop that issue and hope that that increased amount of satisfaction is directly proportional to the magnitude and frequency of the updates.

17. blackacidevil

I dont mind answering. Luke...when you enter a relationship and begin to have lots of sex, it's great. But over the months sex becomes less frequent. Nowadays I'd rather come home from work and relieve my stress playing games online. Since my Dell died, I could no longer do that. And ever since G4 fired everyone great on The Screen Savers, I have less reason to watch TV. To cure my boredom, I have sex.

When you get older and possibly get into a situation similar to mine, you'll understand perfectly what I mean.

18. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Less gaming and television = more sex... somehow that's sadistically true in life. Sucks TBH about the relationship interest level going downhill over time though, but it does flare back up, as you're experiencing.

19. Lukethegreat

Lukethegreat What's a Dremel?

hahahaha thanks for the responce. and yes maybe when i get older ill understand :D

20. blackacidevil

I currently cannot connect my digicam to upload pics. Gonna downgrade to Win 2000.
    In the meantime, I downloaded a Windows hack and voila: my current feelings expressed as my Start Button.

IMAGE EDITED OUT. There is a swear filter in place for a good reason. PLease do not bypass it by using such language in images, consider this a warning. -Xen0phobiak

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Jan 2005