1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘Dog’ the Bounty Hunter loses extradition battle

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Gooey_GUI, 16 Feb 2007.

1. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

I don't know if any of you are following this case, but it's very interesting. The famous bounty hunter will have to go to a Mexican court because he apprehended (detained) MaxFactor heir/rapist who was hiding out in Puerta Villarte to escape prosecution in dozens of rapes.

‘Dog’ the Bounty Hunter loses extradition battle

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

The irony is Dog Chapman jumped bail in Mexico.

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

How freaky I was just watching Dog on Bravo+1

4. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

I think this is pretty pathetic. Rape is bad, immorally wrong and illegal, I'm not certain what the law is in Mexico but if rape is legal there I'd be shocked. By pressing charges I believe the Mexican gov is essentially inviting every criminal in the US to journey to Mexico where you can live a happy life without being convicted of the crimes you have committed. I see this as nothing more than an attempt for the Mexican gov to anger US citizens.

L J

5. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

He is free on a $300,000 bail, meaning he payed that to not be in jail until the trial, right? Jeeze seems like a lot of money, just because he did his job, wtf are this mexicans thinking. I like how his laywer says he may only have to pay a couple hundred dollers, yet look at his bail.

6. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

The judge may have interest in the case.

:idea:

7. tacticus

tacticus What's a Dremel?

just because bounty hunting is legal in the usa doesn't mean it legal everywhere

and from the wikipedia article regarding bail
    "Traditionally, bail is some form of property deposited or pledged to a court in order to persuade it to release a suspect from jail, on the understanding that the suspect will return for trial or forfeit the bail. In most cases bail money will be returned at the end of the trial, if all court appearances are made, no matter whether the person is found guilty or not guilty of the crime accused."

and considering that he had fled mexican authorities in the past they would probably set it rather high

8. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I believe that there are good cops and judges in Mexico but I think there quite a few corrupt ones also. I think the issue is that he made the Mexican police & justice system look bad so they're striking back at him.

Having said that though, he did disrespect the legal authorities of the country and I can understand their anger at that. (even if they are not worthy of that respect)

9. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Can I remind you the USA refused to allow extradition of IRA terrorists wanted for murder in the UK? If British agents had kidnapped them do you think America would have ignored that? The US also refused to hand over for trial the pilot of the USAF plane that killed 20 Italians by flying into a cable-car system. A German court has issued warrants against 13 CIA agents; do you think they'll be handed over for trial? Justice works both ways.

Last edited: 17 Feb 2007
  10. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

What goes around, comes around.