1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News “We play a fair game” - Asetek Inc

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 29 Feb 2004.

1. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

For anyone who is interested, or follows the performance cooling market, there has been an interesting article released over at XtremeSystems named: “We play a fair game” asetek Inc.: The truth we have uncovered of their practices towards their competitor nVENTIV

I'm very supprised by this article, even more so by Aseteks actions. Very good read, and it's amazing what companies do to try and take new competition out of the market before it's even allowed to get up and running.

What does everyone else think after reading the article?

Ok, nVENTIV are kinda wrong in the way they are using marketing to place their product above Asetek's vapochill, giving sensor readings which are incorrect when referring to the evap head temperature. However I feel that Asetek's actions are much more serious than anything that nVENTIV has done (if they have done anything, due to there being no standard for which temperatures they must state). Their multiple user accounts and constant defaming of nVENTIV/Chip-Con under alias, as well as their public forum product development saga, what can you expect from a company who practices such things?

Discuss away :D

2. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Interesting read that.

If I'd been Asetek and found people selling similar products, that were in direct competetion with my own ,and found they were lying about them to make them sound better, I would certainly be angry.

But that's no way for a company to go about that. They could have kept it private and gone to trading standards or something. There was no need for them to post it on a forum like that. And flaming them under a different alias is disgraceful.

Bearing in mind they stole Cathars design rather than making there own and are now advertising it on their website as:

I think they are guilty of the same as nVENTIV

3. justbsn2

justbsn2 New Member

I agree with Darv.

Which product is still is a better performer,regardless of misconstrued temp readings?
    Answer: nVentiv Prometeia Mach II

Wheather if its worth the extra cash over the vaporchill is another issue.

My opinion is Asetek should spend thier time on R&D to make a better unit instead of flaming the competition.

Extreme overclockers will always go with the better product regardless of price.

just my 2 cents :D

4. Hepath

Hepath Member

Cant connect :(

Code:
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: 
    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
    in /usr/local/apache/public_html/pnadodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 323
    mysql://root:@localhost/xtreme_nuke failed to connect
    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

5. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

I'm getting the same error, anyone want to sum it up as im quite interested.
    'doc

6. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

I've got it saved in word, because they've been getting hammered by this recent article... I'll dig out some quotes from the article in a few mins... it's 7 pages of word and I don't think that it'd be fair to rehost their article without their permission. Seeing as their site is down, I can't get permission off anyone :)

Last edited: 1 Mar 2004
  7. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

no need to post any quotes... it's up again! :thumb:

8. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Not for long though, the message on the forums says:

"XtremeSystems.Org Forums is down for forum updates and features testing, the site shall be soon. Thank you for your patience. AOL AIM: grnutz if you need to contact me."

9. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

arf, quoting is a pain in the arse :p

10. penski

penski BodMod

It is back...

*n

11. Skaal-tel

Skaal-tel New Member

Wow.. very interesting article. As always with complicated "legalese" however you must take every word with a grain of salt. Nventive, in their statement claim everything they have said can be easily proven.. however we are still in the dark as to whether there actually is any proof or not. As for the "builderbob" and "zubzero" fools, surely they could simply be employees on a lunch break on the acetek network?

Of course, asetek could also be lying through their teeth and have been out on a bash campaign.

Until we see some actual proof, IE danish newspaper records of the mentioned lawsuits and perhaps a impartial lawyer's statement in regards to the court history of nventiv and asetek- no true conclusions can be drawn from this article.

Still an interesting read :clap:

12. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

I wonder whether we'll see an XS.org developed next gen vapochill on the market sometime soon :naughty:

Doubt the Phase change guru's who helped builderbob will get any credits for it though.

13. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ New Member

Currently down :sigh:

14. phaSe

phaSe New Member

Tags: Add Tags