1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [01/07] Waiting for Sunshine

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Hiren, 26 Jan 2007.

1. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

[​IMG]

Only entry for this month, not got access to my computer so very little post processing done.

Last edited: 26 Jan 2007
  2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Love it :) Got a real crisp DoF.

Can I suggest the title: "Waiting for Sunshine": in that it want's to defrost AND it wants to work. But since it's winter, it'll do neither.

3. Hiren

Richie my man you rock.

Photo title edited.

4. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Very nice shot there Hiren.

I think you've taken a winner. Though, the background could be a little less busy. I find my eyes wondering around the image.

5. Hiren

The otherside is a lot more "busy", I was trying to capture the sun shining down on the dial. Didn't quite work out like that.

6. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

wow i love it and the title is brilliant well done bindi,
    have you tryed bluring the back ground, this might bring more effect, and draw the veir into the the sudial rather than the busy back ground

7. Hiren

As said it my first post I didn't have access to my computer at the time so no post processing was done.

8. Hwulex

Hwulex What's a Dremel?

Great idea for a shot, and well executed on the main subject. Good angle and use of DOF. However, the background is just far too distracting. I realise it may be beyond your control, but it stops me from really loving a picture in a way in which I might.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I can't disagree more. It puts it in a situation, instead of in a "black box" which is unrealistic. If it's waiting for sunshine it would be outside as well.

10. Hwulex

Hwulex What's a Dremel?

We'll have to agree to disagree, then. I just looked at the image afresh and the first thing to happen was my eyes went straight to the background, darted about a bit, then came to the fore. I dunno, whilst I see your point about context and you could read the deserted swing as also needing teh sunshine, it's just too busy for me.

11. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

I agree with Hwulex there, however I still like the image over many of the others there.

12. Hiren

Looks like my picture has created quite a stir. :) My aim was to try and get the sun breaking in between the two houses shinnying down onto the sundial, but it was pretty chilly that day and the cold spread to my special place so I didn't hang around too long.

Anyway despite not being that happy with the background myself, it was a exercise in DoF which was my main "thing" to learn so in that sense I'm pretty happy with the end result.

Good to see it sparked some debate in here.

13. ajack

ajack rox

I like the frosty-ness, that's caught well. Needs less DoF though :D

Tags: