1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [05/08] New ideas

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Smilodon, 17 May 2008.

1. OleJ

OleJ Me!

That is not webhosts you're mentioning. Those are imagehosts.

Here's an example of a webhost: http://www.hostfile.com/index.jsp
    I honestly can't recommend any certain one as I've been paying for my hosting solutions for years. Let google be your guide.

Edit: And here's an image I uploaded via the page to my new webspace on their servers: http://hejole.hostfile.com/2514713642_31340db7ac_b.jpg and you get 5GB of space there with 20GB of traffic. Can't complain.
    Editedit: Except for the fact that they suddenly became unavailable while I was uploading joomla... Found someone called 000webhost.com instead... so far they're a bit better. And they have php safe mode off.

Last edited: 27 May 2008
  2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Nah, it's not too bad by the tile. I picked up four 1 sq ft tiles for about $15 total. No good for large objects but gets the job done for smaller things. That old POTM shot of mine of a toy Mini was done on one of the tiles, for example.

As for hosting, I've got a photobucket pro account as well as several domains, any of which can handle the larger file size. If you want me to host it for you, shoot me an email and I'll post it up (firehed at gmail dot com)

3. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I think I have a small space trough my ISP. I just need to figure out my logon details...

Maybe I'll send you the pic later, Firehed. Thanks for the ofer :)

I need to give it a touch up first, though. (It didn't look as good on my new monitor as it did on my old one... :duh: ) I'll do it as soon as I get the time :)

As for the stone tiles, i have found that glass sheets painted on one side with a satin paint works well. I just need to go and get a bigger one :)

4. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe New Member

Respect [bows down] That is a cool photo idea, and very nice executed... with cardboard and tape... and things.

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Full sized version can be found here. (This version have also gone trough some more adjustment in Photoshop to make it slightly "cleaner".

6. lcdguy

lcdguy Active Member

if you want temporary space to pics and files to be downloaded by others check out filefront.

Tags: