1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [06/07] Lazy Boy

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Tomm, 20 Jun 2007.

1. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I very rarely enter this POTM thing, but I thought these pics could qualify. And yes, I know that's not the aim of the game but meh :)

EDIT: I redid this photo for the competition, basically just changed the curves and levels a bit for a bit more punch. I might have overdone it :p

[​IMG]

Original http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/tomnelson/djkid.jpg[/IMG]]HERE

Last edited: 24 Jun 2007
  2. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I was expecting a picture of a chair!

Good pic, perhaps crop in tighter or just a bit off the left and the bottom to make the rider more central?

3. Tomm

I did try that, though it cuts out the jump so you can't see where he's going from/to, which I think is important. I think this version is better, anyway :)

4. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

Very nice trails you got there.

Is that a Haro or a Specialized. I cant see...

Nice bike and shot too.

5. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

I really like this, the light is really nice - did you use a flash to light the rider/bike?

6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The flash doesn't look right in my opinion, too much and in the wrong place.

Other than that though I quite like the concept. You wouldn't get me doing that jump on my bike.

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I have to agree about the flash- it's more appropriate for a evening/night shot, but the photo's pretty darn good anyway :).

OT- Aren't/weren't you a mod Jamie?

<A88>

8. Tomm

Yeah there is flash. It might be a touch bright, but I found that a decent amount of flash was required to bring him out of the background a bit. Interestingly, that was taken with the 10-20 Sigma @ about 12mm. Most people say this lens is rubbish for action pictures (fisheyes are more widely used, anyway), but I quite like it.

It's an Orange Hitman, actually :p

I just went down to the local jumps (In Marple, if anyone from Manchester is interested) with some mates. I'm not really into dirt jumping, but it's a good place to practise taking pics. The actual riding just doesn't excite me that much, and the potential for pain is great. Plus I was on my XC bike. Anyway, that guy was just a randomer that turned up, he was pretty decent though, real lazy style, hence the title.

9. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

He was, then he said "Is that bindi?" to a picture of (bindi?) face planting it (see here) and magically he was smited from above :idea:

10. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Vivid colour, great panning effect and perfect focus. I think this is a perfect photograph aside from the overpowering camera flash, but that can be repaired somewhat with some editing.

11. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Flash is usually used for action shots such as these even during the day because they are taken from a low angle and you don't want to over expose the background (usually the sky).

I've just revoked my admin status whilst I do some testing.

12. Tomm

I edited it - see first post

Tags: