1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [08/06] Tarn

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by dom_, 8 Aug 2006.

1. dom_

dom_ --->

[​IMG]

Took this picture with a Sony DSC-P32 (yes a cruddy 3.1megapixel olddy camera).
    From the image properties it says:
    72dpi, sRGB, 5mm focal length, F/5.6, exposure 1/320 sec, iso 100, taken 03/08/06 23:10
    The time is out by twelve hours and i have no idea what anything else means from the properties.

The picture was taken during an ascent on Skiddaw in the lake district. The tarn is between Carlside and Skiddaw. As you can see it was a cloudy day, luckily the mist/fog lifted just before i took the photo as you couldn't see the tarn before it had lifted!

The only work done in photoshop was to change the contrast by 3 and then add the border/name.

2. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Pretty nice, I like it.

I love the line in the middle made by the edge of the 'puddle'. You can just imagine the straight line it makes. The horizon is very interesting. And great with the water running against the edges of the right bottom corner.

Too bad there isn't more detail in the lights (upper clouds) and darks (water).

L

3. dom_

dom_ --->

Indeed, i blame my camera for that though :p
    Glad you like it.
    I tried to capture how it looked when i first saw it coming off the ridge walk up to Skiddaw. The water is perfectly still and black as its stagnant.

Edit: Oh and tarn is local talk for a small lake.

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Samll lake, thats a puddle :D

5. coorz

coorz Miffed

It's a very good picture, however i'd crop out part of the top white sky.

Tags: