1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards 0xE8000065 ipod touch error on p55

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by skunkmunkey, 17 Nov 2009.

1. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

As per the title im having this error appear whenever i try to plug in my ipod.

Ive scoured the internet for help and the only solution i could find was to enable the C state tech on my Evga Cheesecake which i have done. Now the pc sees the ipod but i still cant sync it.

Ive done the usal bios update, drivers etc. Reset the ipod to no avail. I understand this is an intel usb controller issue, was wondering if anyone had found a fix that works?

Im running windows 7 premium home, Evga p55, I7 860 and Ipod touch rev2 16gb.

thanks

skunk

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

The P55 USB controller doesn't like iPods (or is it teh iPod/iPhone that causes issues as it's the ONLY device that cause issue with the P55 motherboard chip-set USB controller).

Here are you options:
    1- Hope that Apple release a firmware update that solve this issue
    2- Hope that Intel release a firmware update that fixes this issue - hopefully it's fixable via a firmware
    3- Get a USB PCI card, to plug only your iPod/iPhone
    4- Change MP3 player
    5- Hit on Intel head to stop the lawsuit against Nvidia so that Nvidia can release their nForce for Core i5/i7 and have a USB controller that doesn't cause issue.
    6- Change CPU and motherboard to a non P55 chipset.

This problem has nothing to do with your Windows.

Try this (you might have tried it.. I know you did the last step.. but I wonder the 2 first steps).
    1- deleting the iPodDevices.xml file from C:\Users\<ACCOUTN NAME>\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\iTunes
    2- Disabling and delete Bonjour crap service - http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/02/10/how-to-uninstall-or-remove-bonjour-mdnsresponderexe/
    3- turning on C-state capability in BIOS (which your tried).

3. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Gigabyte have already released a BIOS update for their affected P55 motherboards.
    Unfortunately you'll need to wait until EVGA do the same.