1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100+ days sober

Discussion in 'Serious' started by maestro0428, 14 Jun 2012.

1. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

C-Sniper, Its when you start to evaluate your life and what you want to become that will really get you started. For me, it was for my daughter, of whom I only want to be my best for. It also made me a better educator (every noticed the changes at work) and allowed me to start my own company. I am actually in the middle of selling my first workstation lab! That would have never been if I had not decided to clean my self up. If you have a problem, head it straight on (with a straight mind) and ask yourself if you are being all that you can be.
    Good luck my friend.

I still can't believe how supportive you all are. That says so much about this site!

C- Sniper, PM me if need be.

2. maestro0428

Still going strong! Survived Ocktoberfest in La Crosse, WI USA again this year. Stayed away from the bars though, there have been 30,000 people down there drinking hard core the past week. Sure, it was a lot of fun in the past (gone every year since 98), but I honestly don't miss it.

Don't know how many days its been, but there is no way in hell I am going back!

Peace,
    Maestro

3. walle

walle Minimodder

Good news, wonderful to hear. :thumb:

4. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

gj mate... keep up :)

5. Ozzie

Ozzie Fork 'andles I wanted

I have read this thread with interest and it is good to see such support from the members. 100 days is a milestone and a great achievement for any addiction. Just always keep it in your head that one drink is back to day zero. Keep posting on your progress, you have control of your illness it is not like cancer or other horrible diseases. I look forward to day 200 your next goal.

6. maestro0428

Thanks guys!

7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Wow that's almost a year now :thumb: well done

8. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Well done Maestro pleased as punch for you matey:thumb::)

9. Ozzie

They have not introduced the metric year yet:))

10. Teelzebub

Idiot :p my mistake actually over a year but you're still an idiot oozie

11. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

And whats wrong with being an idiot I'm a self confessed idiot/nutcase and proud of it lol:p:)

12. Ozzie

Maybe an idiot but can spell my name, it was a metric leap year I was referring to 109 1/4 days:))

13. Teelzebub

Oh my mistake zizoe :p

I Won't be trashing the mans thread anymore

14. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

Well done Maestro,

I dipped into this thinking it was some sort of 100 day challenge and though" that would be interesting - but hard and was already thinking could be worth a go " on reading I can see thats not what this is all about.. Well done for fighting your demons.. My sister once said to me, we all have problems, you just don't know what most other peoples are..

Well done on being an inspiration to others and in your own pursuit of self improvement.

15. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I thought Saturday night might have given me a reason to stop but the hangover was really tame... I was back to normal @ 9am. :/

Haven't done any other drugs in ages though... Although on the count of my most awesome history I got declined for health insurance.

16. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

Been 10 years since I kicked my vices... and I had a few!

My one golden nugget for anyone doing the same... Its never ok to drink/smoke/snort.... (what ever) again. It always leads you back to your old ways, without fail. In fact, in my experience, its often worse the second (3rd or 4th) time around.

Those so called "friends" who insist on trying to get you to ingest your favored substance again are only doing so for themselves. It may be they want you to fail so they can feel better about their inability to face their problems or it may just be they want their drinking/smoking etc buddy back. From experience I would say that mostly these friends don't even realise what (or why) they are doing.

Kudos to you mate (from someone who has battled addiction for years and succeeded), for those of you lucky enough not to have experienced an addiction,he deserves a medal.

17. Kranston

Kranston What's a Dremel?

I would love to go out and get (slightly!) drunk, but I know that alcohol is likely to cause a flare-up of my IBD, so I remain teetotal. I haven't been in a pub or club since 2008, and the last time I drank anything containing alcohol was in 2010. I really miss going out on a Saturday night for a few pints of locally brewed real ale. It was a great way to relax, and forget about life's woes for a few hours.

I packed in smoking back in 1999, I'm on a self-imposed limited diet, and only drink tap water with the occasional cup of decaf. tea for 'variety'. I might as well be a monk or something.

18. maestro0428

Thought I would chime in as its been a long time since I have addressed this thread. Still sober. Not a single drink of alcohol since my original post. Coming up on three years. Feels good. Sure I miss getting hammered with my friends from time to time. Sure, it sucks to always be the designated driver. BUT, I always feel great the next day and I cannot say the same for everyone else. Anyway, here I am and no longer drinking is pretty damned cool. Go figure.

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Awesome dude, just awesome.

20. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Congrats fella! Just think of the amount of money you now have to pour into your rig. :D

Tags: