1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks 108 SuperG Wireless Networking Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sinizterguy, 22 Mar 2007.

1. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

My main modem + router is the Netgear DG834PN.

I would like to connect all the stuff in my room (X360, PS3, PC, Laptop) to be wired connected via ethernet and through either a switch + access point or router connected wirelessly to my DG834PN at max speed (108mbps).

And possibly a fileserver in the garage again connected wirelessly into this network using a WPN311 if possible. I guess it would depend on whether I can get this card to work in Linux.

Would this Dlink Access Point connect with the Netgear at 108mbps or am I looking at getting another netgear thingy to connect at that speed ?

Would it be advisable to get another MIMO access point rather than DLink I have linked to ? Any suggestions ?

With the above mentioned setup I can avoid having to buy the expensive wireless adapter for the X360 as well as better media playback using TVersity on the PC in the room. This would allow me to use the remote control to watch the stuff on my Dell monitor - convenient as I dont have a remote for the PC.

2. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

well for a start the Dlink Access point supports AP Client mode so it will connect to your Netgear router and link a wired network to your wireless network.
    The WPN311 will obviously link to your Netgear router as well.

The only thing that no one can guarentee is that youll connect at the full rate. That depends on MANY things such as wall thickness and other environmental things.

you should be able to connect your Xbox to the Dlink, have the Dlink connect (wirelessly) to your Netgear.

3. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

I understand that the actual rate may depend on the environmental factors. But what I mean is if they are sat next to each other, can they connect at 108mbps instead of the 54mpbs that my laptop's Intel wireless card can connect at or is it a feature that only works within the same brand gear ?

Tags: