1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1080 review?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Pete J, 19 May 2016.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I can't be alone in wondering about this, and I hope I haven't missed it by mistake: any chance of a review of the 1080? Or is there something in the works?

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

We haven't missed it by mistake, but unfortunately, our graphics guy Matt is travelling at the moment (we were unaware of 1080's actual launch date before he left back in April) and then we're straight into the Computex trade show and some other big launches too, which I'm currently working on. We will have something soon but can't give a specific date at the moment :(

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Chances are that it is in the works. Samples to the UK distribution channels have been slow.

Ah, beaten to the real answer by the gentlemen above. :D

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Cheers both. I didn't think for a second that you had accidentally missed it! :hehe:

5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Sorry to say it Antony but it would certainly appear to be a case of closing the door after the big nosed quadruped has bolted on this occasion eh :nono: :duh: :sigh:

EDIT - Can I clarify the above comment, it's not a personal criticism of yourself in any shape or form (I've no doubt when Dennis Publishing decided to diversify it's porfolio of assets a lot of guys at bit/CPC were shafted in the aftermath); however to have no coverage of one of the most eagerly awaited releases this year...

I can't help but feel bit is starting to feel mediocre as opposed to the premium tech site it used to be.

Last edited by a moderator: 20 May 2016
  6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, I mean, really at this stage, my view would probably be to just skip over it and focus on nailing the 1070 review, unless there is something that BT could add that hasn’t already been covered by the other sites.

7. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

It's a tricky one. If you don't publish it, as Tom said it's a bit of a watershed moment. On the other hand, it would be pointless at this stage to publish a 1080 review on it's own.

I would publish the 1080 and 1070 review together, and hope no one notices :thumb:

8. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Hi all,

As Antony mentioned, I have been traveling until now and this is why the launch was sadly missed. I tried my best to avoid this, but ultimately we don't know the exact launch date until a week or so beforehand. Anyway, the review will of course still be published, but it will not be until after Computex. Since we're late anyway, I'm going to update the graphics testing suite and rebench a load of stuff to leave us in a good position for upcoming launches. Fear not, order will be restored :)

9. Deders

Deders Modder

We already have plenty of other sites doing similar reviews of the founders edition.

I'd be very interested to see a comprehensive round-up of as many custom designs as possible (with a founders thrown in for direct comparison), when or soon after they become available.

I'd really like to see noise level comparisons, something I've noticed has been missing from Bit-Tech and Custom PC reviews recently (Have you lost your measuring equipment or is the environment too noisy?). Very important aspect of my purchasing decision.

I'd also like to know how each card prioritises its outputs. For instance my current card outputs to HDMI first, but I use this purely for Audio and Dual DVI for my actual monitor so I have to unplug my receiver in order to see or edit the UEFI. (Monitor has too many pixels for HDMI, and surround sound gets turned back to stereo if it is in my audio chain.

I might be pushing it a bit for that one, but I think all review sites overlook this aspect. Nvidia have told me that it is up to their partners to decide output priority when they program their bios'.

It might be also worth noting that my Asus 780 has different output priorities depending on whether the mobo is using UEFI boot or legacy mode.

Edit: I think many will want to know whether each card throttles like the founders edition seems to in some tests.

Last edited: 28 May 2016
  10. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Last edited: 15 Jun 2016