1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

11/25 ------ L I Q U I D - M E T A L ------

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Mr.B, 26 Dec 2004.

1. mondriaan

mondriaan What's a Dremel?

Looking SUPER :thumb: :thumb:
    What did you use fore the blowehole beside bondo?? Could you show a pic from the other side??

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Nice bondo work. I've allways been a fan of the propellor nosed fans, being the son of an avid model plane builder.
    Keep up the good work pal!

3. mondriaan

mondriaan What's a Dremel?

Super nice mod so far :clap: :clap:

I've got 1 question!

When u planning to finish? :confused:

4. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

I would like to see how your supporting such a thin amount of bondo onto surfaces the don't seem to have been properly prepared!

It's a good mod your attempting and i'd like to see you do it right,

Any chance of a "in focus" close up on the edges where the bondo is meeting the panels?

This pic might give you an idea of just how good this mod can look :)
    Some one posted the pic in my forum when i was doing the same mod a few months back

[​IMG]

5. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

HURRY UP WITH THE NEXT UPDATE!!

6. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

sweet mod you've got there man, nothing like a bit of a play with bog ( bondo as u ppl call it ).
    crank us an update.

7. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

**** you said "BOG" wow!!! where you from man? ahhhh NZ very close to home :)

8. Bak Modder

Bak Modder What's a Dremel?

The propellor look fan is really really nice. Thanks for the fresh idea for my new mod :D
    Want to see how this one comes out, surely will keep looking to this tread :thumb: :thumb:

9. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

@ Defyant:
    You know that you can find that PC along with the rest of that mans creations at www.mnpctech.com.

10. Mr.B

Mr.B What's a Dremel?

WOW!!!!, I wasnt aware that so many people were enjoying and watching my log LOL.

Thanx for all the comments and interest in the mod guys, im trying my best here to get an update out. Im startin the side panel right now or this weekend more like. Im thinking about getting everything done first and ready for paint, then doing just a mass paint job on everything. The side panel is going to be awesome, i have some good ideas that im putting to use on it.

As for Defyant, Bill and a buddy of mine showed me the basics of mod, I just started playin with the bondo and have gotten allot better with it. That case known as "Deuce" by MNPCTech, is not bondoed on there, that is one of his fan ducts glued to the front bezel, both have been painted. Mine has been completely done with bondo alone. The pvc is held tight to the case with bondo so the bondo doesnt brake when the pipe would flex if it wasnt glued on there soo tightly. Ill try and take some close up pics once its done being painted. I still have to get some touchup done, i just ordered some special tape to allow me to mask it off but stay real close to the case so nothing gets untouched by the paint.

Im trying to get an update out here guys soory its takin so long. I just started college again so its been real tuff to get work done, especially work requiring power tools. I should have one by monday tho for sure becuase im going home this weekend where I can get some modding done.

Mr.B out!! :rock:

11. Mr.B

Mr.B What's a Dremel?

Ok allright, I know you guys want some eye candy of some sort. I dug into my personal stash and found some pics of some front bezel progress, heres what it looks like so far so you guys can get an idea of how its commin together. Enjoy :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tell me what you guys think!!

Mr.B Out!!

12. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Guys! i know who made that case and where it is! and how it was built.

I was just showing B how his blue fan tip on a chrome fan would look, i know his mod will never look anything like that!

I ran a panel beating shop for 6 yrs and im an ex spraypainter, and prolly have 25yrs + work experiance with the ****!

And have written 2 guides on bondo-ing blow holes on other sites

I pretty much know how .. what you guys call "Bondo" works ,how to shape it and how well it does NOT stick to properly prepared plastics!

That being said!

I like this guys mod, he's posting it in other forums as well, where i have also had the pleasure of seeing it.... the mod has real potenial, and i also im a hevy "bondo modder"!

All i've asked for is a simple close up photo from the back so i can see how he's securing his blow hole!

As i know for a fact that the small amont of bondo used on the front is not sufficient for the mod....

But you have now stated you have glued the back!... ty... we just had to go the long way about getting there.

Its a great mod, and the type of mod i really like.....

What type of glue did you use to hold the back?

Last edited: 7 Jan 2005
  13. Silenced`

Silenced` What's a Dremel?

looking good man, can't wait untill its finnisht :naughty:

14. Mr.B

Mr.B What's a Dremel?

Ya no hard feelings man. I totaly know what you were trying to say about the bondo and Bills rig and all that.

The type of glue, if you can even call it that was JbWeld. Im sure you have used it before and know completely well that that intake tube is goin nowhere, it is permanantly fastened to the bezel and I have no worries about its strength in hold. Bill uses the same technique on his intake mods. :D

:rock: Rock on, Mr.B

15. moddenmania

moddenmania What's a Dremel?

were do you get those prop nose things? i'd like to look into getting a few of those?

16. Mr.B

Mr.B What's a Dremel?

HObby store online or near your house, anywhere that sells RC planes will have them :D

17. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Good to see, you seem to be a nice kid, and this is a good mod keep up the good work.

18. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

very nice lookin mod man, and some nice bondoing.

19. shplade

shplade What's a Dremel?

You've got nice skills with the bog (ZOMG BOG :p)

I saw this on twisted mods yesterday, looking saweet :)

20. Mr.B

Mr.B What's a Dremel?

Thanx ALL :D. There might be a change in the water cooling system to house 3 dual 120mm Black Icre Extremes now, well see, im measuring the case as we speak. I know its overkill, but hey, i like to overkill stuff. Pics to come this weekend, monday for sure. Thanx again all and stay tuned. :D