1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supertalent launches 'Fireball' USB drives

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by WilHarris, 7 Jun 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

San Jose, California – June 6, 2006 -- Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of memory modules and flash products, today announced a new line of “Fireball” USB drives.

The new Super Talent Fireball line of Hi-Speed USB 2.0 drives are designed for speed. Fireball drives incorporate a zippy new dual-channel controller to deliver at least 25MB per second read speeds and 12MB per second write speeds.

The Fireball is encased in a shock resistant rubber housing that helps protect the drive from damage when dropped, making the Fireball one of the most rugged USB drives on the market. The rubber casing is designed to look like a ball of fire, in red, yellow and black. The following part numbers will be available in volume in late June from Super Talent resellers worldwide, with a 4GB model coming in July.

USB2.0_R1GM 1GB Fireball Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Drive

USB2.0_R2GM 2GB Fireball Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Drive

According to Super Talent Marketing Manager, David Crume, "The Fireball truly lives up to its name – it really looks like a blazing ball of fire and it has blistering performance.” Mr. Crume continued, “We put as much work into the look, feel and style of the Fireball as we did into its function. The Fireball recalls the look of a vintage muscle car with racing flames on the side". All Super Talent USB drives are backed by a lifetime warranty. MSRP for the 1GB model is $35.

2. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

looks good, I give them a look out and see if ebuyer get any one them in, in the coming months...

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Or alternatively, you could buy an OCZ Rally - that's got DC memory, a lifetime warranty, and it looks awesome. :)

4. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

I saw Super Talent today and the Fireball is pretty cool. I haven't tried the performance yet but it has a similar rubberised finish that the Corsair Voyager has, with the cool flame design.

Is it wrong to want to make a case mod to match the theme of a USB thumb drive? :blush:

5. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

no go ahead, i'd love to do that too, matching PC and thimb drive... *swish*

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I just have the good ol' 512Mb Disgo on my keyring, and now a 2Gb Lexar Jumpdrive Lightning. Polished stainless steel goodness... I'm such a gadget whore. :p

7. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Those Lexar Jumpdrive lightnings are not up to much Nexxo.

We were giving to to our sales staff who did the same as you, put them on their keyrings.

After 2 weeks half of them were returned and in pieces. Replaced them with the Corair Flash Voyager and not a peep from them since.

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's not on his keyring, it's not as abused as that.

Nice looker, it must be said. I like the Corsair ones for hardy little drives that last forever, good for throwing on your keys. :)

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, I wouldn't put the Lexar on my keyring. The Disgo detaches from the keyring as you take it out of its cover, which to me makes the most sense design wise, but the Lexar would not. The Lexar works better tucked in a pocket.

10. customh

customh conflagration.

Ive got a corsair 512MB flash voyager and its been through the wash 2 times now and still fine, and its the same as the lightening as its better in a pocket than on a keyring.