1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVGA launches Watercooled GX2

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by WilHarris, 1 Aug 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

EVGA Introduces the Water Cooled EVGA e-GeForce 7950 GX2

EVGA announced that it is expanding its product range to offer the EVGA BlackPearl water cooling solution for its EVGA e-GeForce 7950 GX2 with 1GB of DDR 3 memory running at 600 MHz core clock and 1.4 GB memory clock.

Featuring a twin water cooler and 1GB of the fastest 1.4 ns DDR3 display memory, the EVGA e-GeForce 7950 GX2 BlackPearl will be today’s fastest graphics solution available in volume production.

With SLI driver support, two water cooled EVGA e-GeForce 7950 GX2 BlackPearl cards can run in parallel, both featuring an individual twin water cooler.

"The EVGA BlackPearl water cooling solution is roughly 20 times more efficient and almost silent”, commented Hans-Wolfram Tismer, Managing of EVGA GmbH. "The advantages of the EVGA BlackPearl water cooling solution are significantly increased 3D performance at higher clock speeds and quiet operation targeting the 3D enthusiasts as well as professionals seeking a noiseless solution for their work place. The BlackPearl water cooling reduces the core temperature of each GPU by over 20? C also significantly improving the system’s stability.”

The EVGA e-GeForce 7900 GX2 BlackPearlTM will be available in Europe by mid of August at an estimated street price of €899.

EVGA also started shipping the EVGA e-GeForce 7950 GX2 “SUPERCLOCKED” version running 550 MHz core clock and 700 MHz memory clock. The EVGA e-GeForce 7950 GX2 “SUPERCLOCKED” version is available in Europe at an estimated street price of € 599.

2. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

20C? Whatever!

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

700MHZ memory clock, thats a bit slow, so how is it "SUPERCLOCKED"?

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Surely the fastest 1.4ns DD3 memory goes at exactly the same speed as the slowest 1.4ns DDR3 memory? That being 1.4ns?

They do sound a little too optimistic though. Fair enough, we get it's coo, but 20 times more efficient then the standard air cooler? Efficient in what respect? Not ability to cool, that'd need temps of like 3C to be the case, and not power I don't imagine, since a pump has to use as much air as a fan. So...efficient x20 maybe, but at what?

5. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

what happens if your watercooling rig uses bigger tubing?

6. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

Simply unscrew the stock connectors and put something larger in. Any G1/4" fitting should do as the water block is an Innovatek unit.

Danger Den claims that their full card nVidia coolers will drop temps in the 20C range (or they did on their coler for the 7800GTX).

7. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

that would never happen...

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Why not? The stock air units fitted to GX2's have to be very thin, probably giving a poor airflow. Put a decent block on there with a high flow WC system and you probably will see a 20'C drop in temps at load; I saw at least a 14'C drop in load temps when moving from a stock cooler to my VF700.

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Because that's just over ambient in most people's rooms, and it's VERY difficult to get that in even the best WC setups. I've got a 1/2inch danger den NV78 block on my card, with a Eheim 1250 pushing the coolant throught, and a BIXIII cooling it all... lowest I've seen it was this

[​IMG]

Admitedly I've got a CPU in the loop as well, but that's overclocked, and with both cores being totally hammered, it never gets above 36 or so, so the loop is pretty efficient.

It still sounds interesting though. I'd hate to restrict the loop with a step down to a smaller bored system. I'll just wait for DD to release a watercooling solution.

Last edited: 23 Aug 2006
  10. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

It's not really "small bore" unless it has thin channels like the Aqua Computer variant does.

Low temps aren't solely in the range of a large tubed high flow setup. I manage low temps on my "small bore" cooling :clap:

11. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Are you sure you're not confusing "a drop of 20'c" with "cools to 20'c"?
    I'd have thought, with the GX2's air coolers having to be so thin and cooling two GPUs in such close proximity, a good WC would do a much better job.

Dropping 20'c doesn't seem outwith the realms of possibility tbh.

12. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

Is there any way of making this block run with 1/2" tubing?
    I really need to know this.

13. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

Yes... Innovatek uses G1/4" threads, so if you bought 1/2" barbs with a G1/4" thread (like Danger Den's new PerfectSeal barbs) and screw them into the block, it's now 1/2" compatible.

Most of the other Innovatek full card coolers have wide water channels, so if this one is similar, it should have wide channels too, but you might want to find a view of it's internals first.

14. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I get the same temps on my setup :D and i think its been lower as the system cant detect the temp below 31 :D :D i also have a dual core on my loop, its not overclocked however, im not interested in degradeing its life :hehe:

Sam

15. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Already in the works I believe :)

Linky.

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Linky To the DD Block....

AJ

EDIT - sorry Leeum, didn't see your linky...

17. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

I think the Mankz_91 won the link competition. I've been waiting for a 7950GX2 WB for ages, I hope they come into production soon. But who would buy Quad SLI now (someone very thick), Crossfire is the best option for 2560 res now, it has equal performance to Quads in some cases, and close in others.