1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 12-year old boy admits hacking government sites for Anonymous

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 27 Oct 2013.

1. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

As far as I know you can't play cracked games online... Maybe that was his reason?

2. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Wonder what he found, their dodgy expense claims? who THEY were spying on perhaps

3. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

4. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Should make it all the more embarrassing for all these organisations that if someone wants to do it and has the tools and a bit of knowledge they can.

I don't have a clue about denial of service or any hacking, if an IP is spamming a site for requests x amount of times why isn't that IP blocked or "deflected" to another server that takes the hit instead. It all seems too easy if your willing to do it.

Edit: I got the Hackers film reference, first thing that popped into my head after reading the title was the court scene in this clip.... http://youtu.be/oq11Byh5xvc?t=19s

Last edited: 27 Oct 2013
  5. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Doesn't let you into multiplayer servers.

6. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I wouldn't call low orbit ion cannon attacks hacking and that's an anons main weapon for ddos. This is just another example of a government using strong words like hacking so they can inflict harsher (more expensive) punishments.
    And he caused $60k worth of damage did he ? gobshite I saw nothing mentioned about him smashing up the 'hacked' computers afterwards. This is just another play on words to ensure he gets a nice harsh punishment.

Anyway good luck to the kid, he surely has a great career ahead of him in I.T if he isn't locked up for this stuff.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

This did make me cackle for a few reasons.
    1) an 11 year old Hacking a website. I am not calling BS here, but "hacking" may be a long shot
    2) LOL - "Hacking"
    3) "OK, Kid - you're chilling with anon now. Do as we ask, and we give you downloaded video games. " - seems legit, Mr Judge, Your Honour.

8. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Good kid, we need more like him!

9. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Is it worrying that he's an 11 year old kid that they've found as the one behind the attacks or is it more worrying that an 11 year old kid knew what to do?

10. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

I think we're all ignoring the more important, and suspiciously absent, details of this case.
    What games did he receive?!?

11. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

@ Siliconfanatic: Whats Common sense lol, well done that lad

12. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

How on earth could he cause $60k of damage? There should be backups of all the data, whether its the defaced site or the database, if there isnt then thats inept management.
    The only thing i could think of which would explain $60,000 is a couple hours of restoring backups and the rest being network security upgrades to remove their vulnerabilities. The kid didnt cause those vulnerabilities though, he just identified them and took advantage. So it might cost the state or companies $60k to find him and make the sites as secure as they probably should have been to begin with, but the kid surely didnt do $60k worth of damage through his activities.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

Where can I recruit him please. If 11 year has this level of skill he has a nice career in front of him.

Depending on country hes under the legal age.

14. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

This only shows how incompentent those @ Government trully are.

Tags: Add Tags